Thread: AR I.D..

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Question AR I.D..

O.K.. so I am starting too gather a few of these ARs...
    Unlike the AK, with caliber marked on them..
    Sitting side by side. These ARs all look the damn same.
    With the uppers so easily interchangeable. Different calibers.
    Any tricks you guys use too know what the hell caliber your putting on your lower.
    Unless I am missing something. I dont see where the uppers are marked as too caliber. ???
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Most aren't marked. E R Shaw barrels are usually marked.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

If the barrel is marked, it's usually under the hand gaurd.

Do you have more uppers then lowers? You could put a tag on them while they are off the lower, or the caliber engraved into the upper if you know your not going to change it later.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Question Yes

Kind of strange they dont mark them better. Could get a bit dangerous also I would guess.
    Now I am thinking back too that post I put up on the guys AR blowing up.
    Maybe he had the wrong ammo in their??
    Guess I am going too have too put tags on them. Hell I dont know. ??
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I agree, for as modular of a system the ar15 is you would think that the barrels would be marked better. I have some that are marked under the handguard, in front of the front site base on top or on the bottem of the barrel and finally unmarked. Right now I only have 2 non 223/556 barrels but that changes from year to year.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I agree, for as modular of a system the ar15 is you would think that the barrels would be marked better.
    I think the same thing, hell even if the 223/556 wasn't marked would make sence since it's the common caliber for that rifle design, but you'd think the other ones would have something on them.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

I've been waiting around and looking for a cheap 5.45x39 BBL for a upper I have, but so far there is no such animal. Model I is he cheapest I've seen so far. By the way there BBL's are marked if thats all your getting.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and goverment, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Buy a cheap stamp set and stamp the bbl in a visible place. You could also color code the uppers as to caliber, paint the mounting points for the pushpins and they are invisible when assembled.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
    I've been waiting around and looking for a cheap 5.45x39 BBL for a upper I have, but so far there is no such animal. Model I is he cheapest I've seen so far. By the way there BBL's are marked if thats all your getting.

seems like there was a place selling citadel 5.45x39 barrels for $99. and stainless was $145.

i can't recall the place right now. but i did put in one of the links.

i used one of their 7.62x39 barrels. very good shooter. no problems at all with the build.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up kernel You the man..

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Buy a cheap stamp set and stamp the bbl in a visible place. You could also color code the uppers as to caliber, paint the mounting points for the pushpins and they are invisible when assembled.
    By cracky I fed many an M-60... Never fired one. But fed the beasts.
    You the man. Hell I did not know if the belt was rite side up or rite side down.. But they spurted the lead.
    You the man. I dont care what baldy said.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.