Thread: Do Tac Latches actually work well with low scopes?

Feedback Score

Default Do Tac Latches actually work well with low scopes?

I've got a nice 17 caliber AR with the scope right where I like it but the standard charging handle is a pain to operate -- it's so close to the rear of the scope. I've seen several different types of tactical latches that look like they would give me a better grip -- do they work ok?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Ya, the tactical latch will give you a better "grip" on it. I have a badger tactical latch on mine.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by logan09 View Post
    Ya, the tactical latch will give you a better "grip" on it. I have a badger tactical latch on mine.
    I'll go ahead and order one -- the standard charging handle latch is a real pain to use with my scope.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I have one because operating the charging handle with winter gloves on is a p.i.t.a. with a scope. The mall ninja types will bash them as with enough use they'll cause wear on the opposite side of the charging handle. God forbid they get wear marks on their gun.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Tac latches work GREAT for hanging up on gear and harnesses and twigs and vines and ........

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vz58 View Post
    Tac latches work GREAT for hanging up on gear and harnesses and twigs and vines and ........
    True, they also dig into you when you're not wearing a vest and have a side sling mount.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vz58 View Post
    True, he said his was interfering w/ his scope, so I figured he was a bench shooter. I usually shoot mine with a bipod, and never go in the woods with it, or wear a vest. I also hate slings for some reason?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by logan09 View Post
    True, he said his was interfering w/ his scope, so I figured he was a bench shooter. I usually shoot mine with a bipod, and never go in the woods with it, or wear a vest. I also hate slings for some reason?
    I've got a rifle for targets and varmints. I could get a riser for the scope but it shoots great and I don't want to screw anything up messing with the scope. I got a tac latch from Brownells and the problem is now solved.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.