Gunco Forums banner

S&W 5.45 upper

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  pirate56 
#1 ·
Does anyone have one and how do you like it?
Function? Accuracy?
I'm reading 1.5" to 2.00" @ a 100 yds

#3 ·
luv mine. it hits skeet on a pole if i can see them... thats just being honest..

claiming that this is a tack driver would be a lie. its an assault rifle.

#4 ·
I don't own one, but I am still really tempted!

I fired one at the Range, the owner reloads his own; made from .222 brass. At 100 I was deadly! We did not measure the group up close, but through the spotting scope it looked like one ragged hole. He had 4x optics (cheapo) mounted on the upper. Did very nicely!

At 300 yards, I was shooting at an 18" circle, and hitting it every time. 25 rounds, and I counted 25 hits.

Not scientific. But I think it was a fine combo. Was it worth buying a new upper and new mags? Not for me. .223 works just fine. And I can load 1000 rounds of SS109 for less than $245.00. Reloads are less than $120.00 per 1000.

Tough choice. I still want something in 5.45x39....But it will likely be an overpriced kit that I will build.

#6 ·
accuracy will depend on ammo quality.

i do know that some have shot around 2" which generally is about all you can expect to get from commie made steel jacketed ammo. a really good batch can do a little tighter. course YMMV.

my wilson barreled upper can do under 2" with the right batch of ammo.

the 5.45 runs quit well in the AR-15.

#7 ·
Oh my God did I screw up. Got too keep that 5.45 and the 5.56 ammo two miles away from each other.
These damn unmarked ARs.. .223 whatever the hell it is. Grabbed the wrong mag and chambered a 5.45 in the 5.56, think I got that rite?
Oh it fit. But 20 minutes with a cleaning rod too get the damn thing out.
O.K. o.k. I know. Stupid on my part. Slap me. I can take it.
Why the hell dont they mark these damn things? They all look alike too me.
I am taking the 5.45 and giving it and the ammo its own room.
Wonder if I am the first idiot too ever do that?

#8 ·
4th:

my 5.45 is marked on the bottom front where the bayonet lug would be on the barrel.. its light but its marked..

(my 7.62AR's are not marked at all)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.