Thread: 1st AR built

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default 1st AR built

I just completed my first AR build from various brand mil-spec parts, mostly DPMS stuff. To say it was easy would be an understatement. Just a run-of-the-mill H-bar 16'',so I wont bother w/ a pic. The cost savings were pretty good as well, and could have been better had I shopped around more. Now several folks are wanting me to put one together for them. Would I run into any legal probs. if I had them order the lower rec. and do the transfer in thier name and I put it together for them? Any thoughts?
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Question

I know I know. Question has been gone over before. But how did you make sure the head space was correct?
    AKs are fairly easy by adjusting the barrel. But these ARs.
    Did you have too turn the barrel in or out a complete turn too adjust.
    Thank you. 4th. New too ARs.
    Anything that says "Just bolts on." Usually takes me all day too put together.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

I believe that the AR bolts are built to a spec unlike the AK bolts. so most barrel manufactures adjust headspace to the middle of that... Some may be a little tight but most will not be dangerous.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

mill spec m-16 barrels are made to ONE standard head-space and all proper made bolts are made to fit it. AR-15 barrels and bolts are supposed to be made to the same standard.

bolts made by various brands will swap from one barrel to the other. a LMT bolt will fit a colt or saber barrel , a DPMS will fir a del-ton or CMMG and vice versa.

it is still a good idea to test the head space cause you never know when someone will try to put some junk parts off on you.

otherwise with new bolts and barrel there should be no problems.

i don't like to swap around used bolts, though i have seen them swapped safely if there not too worn.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Thank you..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.