Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorty is in.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

WOW I want one!!!! I'm so jealous Time to fire her and take pictures of the flame!!!
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Gunco View Post
    WOW I want one!!!! I'm so jealous Time to fire her and take pictures of the flame!!!
    I fired it yesterday. Jammed on the first round. Failure too eject empty. Had too take it apart, clean and lube the hell out of it.
    Kept working the action and it is getting smoother. Man this thing is tight.
    Needs breaking in.
    Loud. Loud. Buddy standing next too me, dropped too his knees in pain from the crack of the bullet.
    Even my ears hurt.
    Barrel marked "RR". Wonder if it is a Rock River barrel?
    Small, lite, perfect for our swamp A.O..
    Once I walk out my front door, into the half million acres of swamp. Visibility is about 20 feet. Long range shooting here is 100 feet.
    I am not a hunter. I cant even kill the fish I catch. Catch and release. But I think someone could kill a deer with this, just from the noise.
    Rock River lower- $250. Plus engraving and Stan "ProjectGuns" helping me put it together and engraving for my Tax stamp.
    Complete upper from JSE- $318 delivered too my door.
    Fired it with a Tax Stamped lower. Now I have too Tax stamp another lower for this one.
    Mall Ninjas gun.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    I fired it yesterday. Jammed on the first round. Failure too eject empty. Had too take it apart, clean and lube the hell out of it.
    Kept working the action and it is getting smoother. Man this thing is tight.
    Needs breaking in.
    Loud. Loud. Buddy standing next too me, dropped too his knees in pain from the crack of the bullet.
    Even my ears hurt.
    Barrel marked "RR". Wonder if it is a Rock River barrel?
    Small, lite, perfect for our swamp A.O..
    Once I walk out my front door, into the half million acres of swamp. Visibility is about 20 feet. Long range shooting here is 100 feet.
    I am not a hunter. I cant even kill the fish I catch. Catch and release. But I think someone could kill a deer with this, just from the noise.
    Rock River lower- $250. Plus engraving and Stan "ProjectGuns" helping me put it together and engraving for my Tax stamp.
    Complete upper from JSE- $318 delivered too my door.
    Fired it with a Tax Stamped lower. Now I have too Tax stamp another lower for this one.
    Mall Ninjas gun.
    yea 4th those "super shorties" are a bit more to get running due to super short dwell and sharp gas curve. you may find that it will like some kinds of ammo better than others. so try several makes of ammo and see what it likes.

if there are issues we can play with the port size of the recoil spring rate and buffer wight.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    yea 4th those "super shorties" are a bit more to get running due to super short dwell and sharp gas curve. you may find that it will like some kinds of ammo better than others. so try several makes of ammo and see what it likes.

if there are issues we can play with the port size of the recoil spring rate and buffer wight.
    Yes j4. JSE was straight up front and warned me about that. But I have just been racking it and not dry firing.
    Everything is tight. But it is starting too loosen up. I will give it another test run and see. Thank you. 4th.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up Fixed it.

60 rounds without a hiccup.
    The whole action on this thing was tight. I mean super tight.
    I broke it down and cleaned everything. Put it back together and just kept working the bolt back and forward. Could feel it starting too loosen up.
    Took it apart again and lubed it with MiL Tech lube.
    Now I could really feel a difference in the action, from when I first tried it.
    Me and the boys took it across the street too the swamps, with two 30 round mags.
    Pretty sure it was just basic wolf ammo. Had the ammo in a plastic bag so I am not sure.
    Not one jam. Ran them straight though.
    Oh my God is this thing loud. Strongly recommend ear plugs.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

if it is eating the wolf OK it don't need any tuning up!

good to go! i would like the mall-ninjas to see that 7" eating wolf--LOL!

if their ammo is not blessed by some guru it can't possibly run in their full size ar-15s much less a super-shortie!

now how about some sights and some good electronic hearing protection?--LOL!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    if their ammo is not blessed by some guru it can't possibly run in their full size ar-15s much less a super-shortie!
    Wait what ??? ohh crap I have just been useing my reloads. I guess I'll have to find a guru or ammo god to bless my ammo, funny thing is it works fine in all my AR's even the short 11.5". I wonder what they would charge me to tell me my ammo is ok to use?

Reminded me when I was in Ramadi one of my buddies asked the Catholic Chaplin to bless his rifle so it would shoot better. guy was joking Chaplin didnt think it was that funny told him it was not the Catholic thing to do! I allmost fell off my chair laughing. I dont think Chaps had ever read a histroy book about the catholic church

4th now you need to get some action shots of that shorty making fireballs

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

if your ar won't shoot steel ammo you need a better ar!!

my favorite is my 10" 7.62 x 39 upper

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

if your ar won't shoot steel ammo you need a better ar!!
    LOL That's what I tell them at the range, they don't believe me and bitch about steel cased ammo. I say good, more for me to buy.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post Marine

Quote Originally Posted by TheCol.U.S.M.C. View Post
    Wait what ??? ohh crap I have just been useing my reloads. I guess I'll have to find a guru or ammo god to bless my ammo, funny thing is it works fine in all my AR's even the short 11.5". I wonder what they would charge me to tell me my ammo is ok to use?

Reminded me when I was in Ramadi one of my buddies asked the Catholic Chaplin to bless his rifle so it would shoot better. guy was joking Chaplin didnt think it was that funny told him it was not the Catholic thing to do! I allmost fell off my chair laughing. I dont think Chaps had ever read a histroy book about the catholic church

4th now you need to get some action shots of that shorty making fireballs
    I will have too wait until the 4th of July. When the whole neighborhood lights up.
    So much poaching going on down here. One shot at night and they call in the National Guard.

Pirate. What did you do too Jorges shoulder. Put some heavy loads in for him.
    "Ouch. That recoil hurts. This thing kicks." Whah wahh..

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.