Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Shorty is in.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Pirate...I loved the flare at the end of your video....right on target.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    get in touch with that inner mall-ninja!

you just got to get an E-Otec 4th! thats what all the other fashionable mall-ninjas are "dressing" their ARs with!--

and maybe some digital paint job, Oh hell i forgot you got to have a bunch of rails--as many as you can bolt on there and a free float--LOL!

and a honking big flashlight!

just a funning 4th!--hehe! i'm part ninja myself--LOL!
    He's ruined already. Don't think you can go much smaller-now's the time to go BIG!! How about a .50 Beowulf on one of your lowers. You could be King of the mall-and the swamp!!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by BBill View Post
    He's ruined already. Don't think you can go much smaller-now's the time to go BIG!! How about a .50 Beowulf on one of your lowers. You could be King of the mall-and the swamp!!

50 BW with a 5" barrel! LOL!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    50 BW with a 5" barrel! LOL!
    Give me a link. What the hell is a .50 Bewolf. I want one.
    4 inch .50 Bewolf. I will be the king of the swamp.. I will take it antelope hunting with BlackBlade in the wild west.
    That should give it one inch of travel down the pipe. Oh yeah. With a good scope. Hooorahhh.
    Now I tried some other ammo in this thing. Federal or something. I dont friggen know. Started not feeding again.
    I am sending it too j4 too fix. Before I whip this thing in the friggin canal.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post AR Guys Help.

After cleaning and lubing. Worked great. Now "C" products mag. Tried "American Eagle Tactical XM 193 ammo."
    Fist two rounds fine.
    Then. Round fires, bolt feeds forward. But. Round jams in an upward position, locking on the top of the bore.
    It picks up the round fine. But just locks it on an upward angle.
    Do I need a stronger buffer spring?
    Do they make stronger buffer springs?
    If I rack it back again too clear by hand, pulling the charging handle full rearward. Two round fine, then does it again.
    Any ideas? Thank you 4th.
    My 10 inch Rock River fires anything I put in it. Is their that much of a difference with a few inches less barrel? Stumped?
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Give me a link. What the hell is a .50 Bewolf. I want one
    .50 Beowulf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The base is the same as a 223/556, so it use a standard AR bolt.

After cleaning and lubing. Worked great. Now "C" products mag. Tried "American Eagle Tactical XM 193 ammo."
    Did you try different ammo in the mag(s) giving you trouble, or different mag(s)? I'm not an AR person so I can help.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

yea 4th they make springs in every rate for the AR-- stronger , lighter --you name it .

yea that XM if it really is m193 should be quite a bit more pressure than the old wolf steel cased stuff.

your bolt carrier may be going way to fast for it. a stronger spring or a heavy buffer should fix it. i would try a h1 or H2 buffer first--

if it it running wolf well -- and you got lots of wolf you could just use wolf in it--LOL!

the shorter the barrel the more hyper these things get.

i will look around and see what others have got to work with the 7" --as i have no experience with anything THAT short--LOL

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

after consulting with my "notes" and doing a search of the interwebbs this is what i came up with.

most 7" & 7.5" barrels come with a .062 gas port. to run some kinds of ammo sometimes they need to be opened up to .073 with a #49 drill bit.

i don't think this is the case with 4th 7" shortie though being over-gassed with the "good' ammo is the most likely problem.

i would check to see what buffer is in there. i bet it is a standard CAR if it is i would move up one notch in buffer weight to a heavy buffer like this one--

JSE Surplus - Search

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post O.K.. Here we go..

Please dont shoot.
    My Bro j4 is my go too man on this stuff. Hell I dont even know how too take the damn things apart.
    O.K.. So I call JSE.. In total support of them, of which one of the employees is a member here.
    So. They flat out warned me about fine tuning the gas system on this toy, so they are NOT at fault.
    Talked too the man. C products mags with the green follower, I guess without the anti tilt, has had their problems.
    Yes they are still in business. They sell mags too the Military.
    Shut down, I guess, when they get big contracts.
    So not writing a book here. He said too not get a stronger buffer spring. But take some weights out of the buffer I have and if anything, use a lighter spring.
    The rounds are stove piping.
    Try different mags and get back too him???
    His guess???? It is a mag problem. Bad feeding. But they work fine in my 10 inch Rock River???
    I dont know. I will try different mags and see.
    What do you guys think?????
    He did say for sure. You really have too break these things in.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

he he 4th!
    are they stove piping? not ejecting the fired case completely?

i thought it was jamming the fresh round like the bolt wasn't fully grabbing the live round to feed?

that is 180 degrees off of what i suggested.

if you remove weight from the buffer the bolt carrier is going to get faster this will probably cause more jams with the m193 ammo.

i don't think it is a mag problem either.

going to a lighter buffer assembly and softer spring is what i would do IF i had one that was running western mil spec brass ammo and wouldn't run wolf. but your 7" has the problem the other way around.

if i read your post correctly , hard to tell after the 100 proof i had at the tea party, every thing is blurry and i lost my reading glasses--LOL anyways

if it was running with the wolf steel cased stuff and won't run right with the m193 ammo that sounds to me like it is a bit over gassed for the hot western made ammo.

i would try a heavy buffer ie a more heavy buffer --like that one JSE sells for $18

you might be able to add some weight to the buffer you got.

hell 4th just send it out, i think i got a couple cases of questionable ammo to try it out with--LOL

humm after re-reading your last post ? are you positive it is stove piping and not doing some other stunt?

just one would think that any military loading of m193 could NOT be lower pressure than wolf and that is what would have to be the case if your short stroking with it and not the wolf.

you know XM ain't on the ammo for no reason. maybe you got a bad under-powered lot?

try the same ammo and mags with the working upper and see if there is an ammo problem.

if it was working good before and now had a problem with the 193 ammo and the wolf ammo and the same ammo is working fine with the other uppers/Ar-15s , then something is amiss in the gas system. possibly a partially clogged gas port --
    Last edited by j427x; 02-15-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.