Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Shorty is in.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post I dont know J4..

It s 1:30 in the morning here. My Mother f$%in blood pressure is pushing 400.
    Mother F#$%in drug dealers want too use my back country road for their drug deals.
    I usually grab old faithful off the wall and dump 30 over their heads.
    They dont come back for a long time.
    Grabbed shorty by mistake. One round. So I went out and started beating on their Mother F#$ing car.
    Anyway they left Dodge in a hurry.
    I think I will send this upper out too you. I will pay what ever you have too do too fix the damn thing.
    These mother Fu#$kers scum want a war. I'll show them a F$%king war. I need all here too work.
    P.M coming after the sun rises.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Wrong tool for the job 4th. Ya should grabbed your shorty AK and bump fired off 75 from a drum, yelling and cursing in Vietnamese. Put the fear of the Swamp Cong in them!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Wrong tool for the job 4th. Ya should grabbed your shorty AK and bump fired off 75 from a drum, yelling and cursing in Vietnamese. Put the fear of the Swamp Cong in them!

hell swamp VC have been known to use m-16a1's , m-1s and other weapons--

don't think i ever heard of a swamp VC with a super-super short barreled CAR though--!!!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    I dont give a flying, if they want too do that crap. Just dont do it around my damn house. Good news is I whipped the damn shorty at their car, after it jammed. Now it is working again. Hell I gotta thank them.
    Sorry. Back on track.
    I dont think this problem is the upper?
    When I bought the receiver. I got the internals at the same place. The damn hammer spring is so weak I put in one round and it would not even hit the firing pin hard enough too fire. Junk internals.
    So I grabbed the Rock River lower. Put in a P mag. Did a mix and match on ammo. Bingo. Now it is working.
    So I still really dont know which, or all, was the problem?
    The Rock River hammer spring, has twice the power of the junk internals I bought.
    I will test again tomorrow and see.
    j4. Thank you for your P.M.s and advice.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Hey 4th, call Wolff and get a stronger spring. Call them at 800-545-0077. I've got their springs in my 7.63x39 AR's for shootin Russian ammo and they work great. Also have their springs in a couple Mausers and a couple of my .45's.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Get you some shorty AKs' & shitcan the Mattel crap.. Heh....Heh..
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up Thank You BBill.

Quote Originally Posted by BBill View Post
    Hey 4th, call Wolff and get a stronger spring. Call them at 800-545-0077. I've got their springs in my 7.63x39 AR's for shootin Russian ammo and they work great. Also have their springs in a couple Mausers and a couple of my .45's.
    Will call. These damn weak ass springs I have, barley send the hammer forward. Junk.
    The ones in the Rock River will take your finger off.

Brad. I have one of those. Its sitting in Pirates safe. Im waiting for the damn tax stamp too come in.
    The ATF probably read my posts on this and other sites. Probably sent the damn stamp too Tibet.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

glad you found the problem. one of the good things about the Ar platform is you can swap things around. if you got one that runs it makes it easy to process of elimination trouble shoot the trouble prone part by just swapping stuff.

glad you didn't have to send the upper over as i would have put it on my pistol lower and it would have worked fine and left me scratching my head--LOL

yea wolf makes the best hammer springs.

i put the wolf extra power in my 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 builds due to their sometimes hard and deep primers.

the good this is the wolf springs cost a whole "double" what a regular spring do--a whopping $3.00--LOL

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post Well..

I am still not sure that is the complete problem. But I am slowly narrowing it down.
    The C mags would not feed the damn thing.
    The P mag fed it, then the hammer would not strike hard enough too fire the round. Click.
    The tech from JSE told me too break it in. Fire at least 200 rounds through it too break it in. Then call him back. Nice guy he is, really.
    Way things are going. By the time I get 200 rounds through this thing, I told him he would be retired.
    Hitting the range today. This thing dont work. I will see if I can break my 120 foot record AK toss.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

still lots of little niggley things on these super shorties that have to be sorted.

on a 11.5"-20" you got plenty of wiggle room to get things running.

on 7"s you margin for error is very thin in comparison.

first thing i would look for would be a leaky or loose key on the bolt carrier.

on the m16 bolt-carriers they would put on the blank adaptor and fire a dozen or so dirty-ass blanks to seal the gas key anytime they were using a new carrier key or had replaced the key.

that is kind of where the break in idea came from--ironically the carrier needs a little carbon to seal proper--go figure--LOL

i still think you'll need a Heavy buffer and i'll wager this is why the C-mags don't want to work. the bolt carrier is zooming by so fast the spring in the C-mag can't fully keep up.

the 20" AR type is like a truck motor and the 7" barrel super shorty is like a hopped up race motor-- it is more fiddely and requires a bit more tuning sort of speak--LOL

i have seen a few that ran well so it can be made to work.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.