Gunco Forums banner

Side Folding Triangle Stock for my AR

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  4thIDvet 
#1 ·
I was on the KAC website today and saw their PDW, which looks really nice BTW. What really caught my attention was the triangle side folding stock. I would love to have one on my AR. Would it be possible to swap my regular collapsible stock for a this side folding metal one without any major mods to the rifle?
I looks like KAC does not sell the stock as a stand alone unit though. :frown: If it's a question of mods to my rifle, a Bulgarian, Russian or any other triangle side folding stock could be used, right?

Thanks.

KAC PDW (side folding stock)

See less See more
#2 ·
Could be done...would require mods to the rifle tho.

Those "PDS/W"s are piston driven with a shorter BC. been looking into making one myself, but am still having trouble finding out how the recoil works, since there isnt a buffer assy.

im guessing it would have to be a shortened internal buffer? Just enough to shoot the bcg back into battery... interesting tho, either way. If someone knows exactly how this whole setup works, id love to learn.

#8 ·
kernel..

On the description Pirate put the link up too. They say "piston driven."
Only thing I see I dont like is the right side folding stock.
John. I would want a left side folder.
Other than that. God that thing is awesome. :thumbup1:

#13 ·
486. I Think this is it.

Para USA, High-Quality Handguns: Video

Johnny 5.56.. Now they are showing a left folding stock.
$2,397.00 dollars. Oh my God. I wonder if shipping is free? :)
Appears too be a whole new gas system, like you guys are saying.
Almost no recoil. Pretty cool.

#15 ·
Solution.

Meet the Big Brown Box at the corner.
"Oh honey that old thing. Thats not new. It has been in my safe for almost a year now. You have seen it before."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.