Thread: best buy on AR barrel

Feedback Score

Default best buy on AR barrel

any one been surfing around the net and found a bargain on an AR barrel in 5.56? I dont wont chrome lined.
    If you have seen a buy please post link
    thanks R/R

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

ALPHA SHOOTING SPORTS

these guys sell decent barrels for pretty good prices if you want a stripped barrel. you will have to notch the barrel for the front sight pins if you not going to run a bolt on gas block and use the GI front sight base.

JSE Surplus

-D S Arms

JSE and DSA sell finished barrels of several types and brands, chrome and no chrome light weight-Hbar and so on. by finished the barrel has the front sight attached.

that DS arms 16" nitrited m4 barrel is one of the best buys out there for $159. the nitride is a mil-spec finish for the outside and the inside of the barrel. super hard and tough.

sometimes midway USA has some deals on barrels as does brownelles
    DS arms -- also has a 20" fluted i have been lusting after with 1-7" twist rate. where is my wallet?LOL!
    Last edited by j427x; 03-06-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

+1 for alpha. I bought Citadel 16" M4 barrel for $100shipped when they had a sell, and picked up a few more items, and he shipped them for free also. Really great guy to deal with.

Feedback Score

I was told that E r Shaw or Citidel makes most of the AR barrels on the market. Wonder if thats true?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

Quote Originally Posted by rapidrus View Post
    I was told that E r Shaw or Citidel makes most of the AR barrels on the market. Wonder if thats true?

there are considerably more than two barrel makers for the AR series.

probably the 4140steel barrels are made by wilson,shaw or citadel with a few being made by mossberg. i don't know if DPMS makes their barrels or not, as big as DPMS is i would sort of think so.

the 4150CV steel military barrels are made by a number of contractors like FN,colt, saber and a few others.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

DSA ZM4 16" Chrome Moly 1:9 Twist Barrel , 5.56 - DSZM4001M-D S Arms

here is that N2 treated m4 16" barrel for $159 which is a good deal in my book.

generally a nitrogen treated barrel or a chrome lined barrel is going to run close to $200 sometimes more.

a complete 4140 steel barrel with no chrome around $150

a stripped barrel around $100 a bit more if it is chrome lined or nitride treated.

i sometimes see surplus places selling factory second barrels for $45-$69 most of the time these barrels have more problems than there worth in time and effort. incorrect head-space, gas-hole in wrong place and improper size, gas port out of time with barrel extension and so on.

JSE had some barrels that were pretty good for $70 that were in the white bull-dog made barrels. i can't recall if they were drilled yet or not. i sort of think that was a one time deal though.

the few dollars you save on a uber-cheap barrel usually ain't worth the extra effort --that is less you just like dealing with problem-children!--LOL

Feedback Score

DPMS 18 Inch Mini Sass 5.56x45mm Barrel Stripped
    wound up geting this one
    YHM free float tube
    YHM upper
    r/r chrome bolt/carrier

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by rapidrus View Post
    DPMS 18 Inch Mini Sass 5.56x45mm Barrel Stripped
    wound up geting this one
    YHM free float tube
    YHM upper
    r/r chrome bolt/carrier
    that should be a very good barrel for printing some tight groups!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.