Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Army tested steel cased ammo in m16

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

tell me what you think about this..."the truth about wolf ammo

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up Good video..

Quote Originally Posted by eldogg View Post
    tell me what you think about this..."the truth about wolf ammo

YouTube - The truth about Wolf ammo
    Who is that guy? Does he have a T.V. show or just on the computer.
    My Black-Water buddy gave me his lucky hat just like his, from the Sand Box.
    Some kind of small reflector on top, so I guess they knew they were friendlies, when they shined their secret lights on them from the air.
    Bet yah that guy has been their done that. Cool dude.
    Interesting he mentioned the shorties could have some problems. As the AR was designed for a 20 inch barrel.
    But after I kind of broke my shorties in. Hell. They are eating any type ammo I put in them.
    Accuracy. Hell I dont know? Too old too see the targets. But they go bang and down range somewhere.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Interesting he mentioned the shorties could have some problems. As the AR was designed for a 20 inch barrel.
    But after I kind of broke my shorties in. Hell. They are eating any type ammo I put in them.
    did you ever look at the empties to see if there are any extractor marks? I'm wondering how accurate his statement on this is.

Other then that his info sounds good.

Thanks for the video eldogg
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i am dubious of any "you-tube expert".

i am still laughing at that skate boarding kid that busted his nutz!--LOL

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default No.

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    did you ever look at the empties to see if there are any extractor marks? I'm wondering how accurate his statement on this is.

Other then that his info sounds good.

Thanks for the video eldogg
    But I will check. That was my original problem "failure too eject" when I first used them.
    Now, a bunch of rounds later, no problems, knock on wood. So I dont know Coils.
    I have a bunch of rounds on the front lawn. I'll go see if I can find one before the lawn mower hits it.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

yea they got some marks. the steel cases are very soft--

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

My problem with the steel cased stuff is that it is all weak powered...HK wont run it, Daewoo has to be on the open setting. I like ammo all ammo of one caliber to run all my weapons in that caliber...

Plus you cant reload it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

Quote Originally Posted by vz58 View Post
    My problem with the steel cased stuff is that it is all weak powered...HK wont run it, Daewoo has to be on the open setting. I like ammo all ammo of one caliber to run all my weapons in that caliber...

Plus you cant reload it.

you can reload it. it ain't worth the extra effort and the cases start to split after a load or two.

russian ammo is all over the place on powder, i bought some tula 55g 223 that wouldn't cycle but every other round in anything. underloaded and dubious powder was used--worst i have ever had.

but i got some wolf 75gr 223 that seems to be very good. it even punched a dime sized group @ 100m through a bolt gun. and the velocity is right on the money too--for once--LOL so not all russian ammo is underpowered--just some of it--

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

I haven't had any problems w/ the stuff. Some is loaded a bit light.
    However leaving the empties in the lawn can lead to a broken bay window.

Feedback Score

Well all I can say is I tried it. When I first got my ar15 (dpms) I shot brass through it. I had no problem. Next I shot some wolf. The 2nd round locked up my rifle. I had to use a cleaning rod to knock out the empty shell. I have since shot lots and lots of brass cases through it without any problem. I decided I would leave the wolf for my ak's to shot. Just my 2 cents.
    thanks
    daddy-o

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.