Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Army tested steel cased ammo in m16

Feedback Score

Been shooting wolf through my ars for years. Cycles both the rifle and carbine.
    Never had a problem with laquer coating. As far as emptys on the yard, i just raise the deck!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking Might be a few live rounds there.

Quote Originally Posted by rkautomotive View Post
    Been shooting wolf through my ars for years. Cycles both the rifle and carbine.
    Never had a problem with laquer coating. As far as emptys on the yard, i just raise the deck!
    The old lady can cut the front yard. I will do the back.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    The old lady can cut the front yard. I will do the back.

he he 4th! i know a fellow that got some shop magnets and swept his yard with them.

picked up a barrel of spent steel cases, sold the cases to the recycle yard and bought a 30 pack and a couple steaks for the BBQ grill!--LOL

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

i have been running polymer and laquer in my 7.62x39 ar. so far, no problems.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I don't know of anyone who has a QUALITY AR having problems other than accuracy with steel case ammo.

Good link though there j427x, i look foward to reading it in depth later.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by o.d. ak View Post
    I don't know of anyone who has a QUALITY AR having problems
    (Turns into a rant)
    Actually, every time I see someone post about wolf ammo on arfcom it's a expensive rifle. I believe the last post I looked at it was a DD M4, and it wouldn't cycle the ammo. I then opened my mouth and said any AR should cycle wolf no matter what. It doesn't matter if you paid $500 for it or $1200.

It turned into a big shit storm then like it usually does. I think because I said my del-ton and bushmaster cycled it, and your $1200 AR won't. Then the posts started coming that I never had a quality AR....Yada yada yada........ And then I posted my Colt M4, and FN A4 upper and they shut up.
    Last edited by logan09; 03-24-2011 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Spelled a word wrong

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by logan09 View Post
    (Turns into a rant)
    Actually, every time I see someone post about wolf ammo on arfcom it's a expensive rifle. I believe the last post I looked at it was a DD M4, and it wouldn't cycle the ammo. I then opened my mouth and said any AR should cycle wolf no matter what. It doesn't matter if you paid $500 for it or $1200.

It turned into a big shit storm then like it usually does. I think because I said my del-ton and bushmaster cycled it, and your $1200 AR won't. Then the posts started coming that I never had a quality AR....Yada yada yada........ And then I posted my Colt M4, and FN A4 upper and they shut up.

yea the so called "quality-mall ninja brand" generally have the most problems due to the russian powder having pressure curve that don't fit the AR-15/M16s gas port size and timing and dwell.

the mall-ninja crowd bitches about being over-gassed. AK's are over-gassed and guess what--they run!--LOL

a very slightly over-gassed ar will run steel russian ammo fine.

the ARMY when they tested steel cases used the correct US made powder for 21K+ rounds with no ill effects.

they wouldn't do quite so well with standard colt sized ports on the russian ammo , though with a port touch-up i think it would have been close.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by logan09 View Post
    (Turns into a rant)

Quality does not always = $$$

I was talking about people running cheapo no name mismatched shit rifles and then complaining when they don't work, even with "good" ammo.

Personally i think the highest quality AR i've handled is my buddies bravo company upper matched to i forget what lower. Has been completely flawless and shoots moa with mil-spec ammo. Total cost about $800.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by o.d. ak View Post
    Quality does not always = $$$

I was talking about people running cheapo no name mismatched shit rifles and then complaining when they don't work, even with "good" ammo.

Personally i think the highest quality AR i've handled is my buddies bravo company upper matched to i forget what lower. Has been completely flawless and shoots moa with mil-spec ammo. Total cost about $800.

hey now!! --don't talk about my mixed-breed ar-15s like that!! there only like a 3way-4way and 5 way mix!--LOL!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    hey now!! --don't talk about my mixed-breed ar-15s like that!! there only like a 3way-4way and 5 way mix!--LOL!
    Most of mine are mutts also!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.