Thread: C-prod 7.62x39 springs "backwards"?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak C-prod 7.62x39 springs "backwards"?

after checking some of my mags and hearing some of the problems people are having with the 7.62x39 mags.

i thought i would double check mine and here is what i have found.

on the mags that wouldn't hold more than 27-28 rounds the mag spring was installed backwards-- this lets the nose of the follower dip /nose dive and causes a bind in the mag.

turning the spring around seems to pick up the nose of the follower and lets the mag hold a more proper 29-30 rounds.

i just opened two brand new in the wrap C-prod 7.62 30 round mags and the same thing--the springs were backward. they would not hold over 27 rounds and the follower would nose-dive.

these are the slick finish new i got from palmetto for $9 a pop back last year that don't have the no-tilt followers. so there the old style mag.

i turned the spring around to get the spring lifting the front of the follower and they now will hold 30 rounds. cycling the rounds through the mag by hand they seem much smoother.

on the mags i have been shooting all but one had the springs in correctly. -- i don't know if i took them apart and put them in correctly or if they came correctly assembled.

anyway try this and see if it helps if your having problems with a 7.62x39 mag.

Feedback Score

how do you know if they are backwards? I have both the old style "shiny" CP and new ASC 30 rounders and they are both exactly the same except for the finish. The springs just has a bend on the end. Which way should the bend face?

And none of my 7 30 round magazines hold over 23 rounds before binding with Wolf. Any better luck with brass cased?

Feedback Score

And the 30 round followers are different from the Magpul style followers in the 10 round magazines. Due to the floorplate tab spacing and the rib channels, they are not interchangable. I tried and it was confirmed by Chad on TOS.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

if the spring is lifting the rear of the follower it is backwards.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

just fired six full 30 round mags yesterday. they had been sitting for some time fully loaded.

they ran like clockwork.

i think that is the thing with the 7.62 mags. about half on mine had the spring installed backwards causing a bind --the same bind can cause jams and it also causes the mag to load short.

all my C-prod 30 round 7.62s new and old style hold a full 30 rounds since i turned the spring around in the offending mags.

somebody must have goofed on the assembly line . probably had a hard night--LOL

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

I had pretty good luck with reinstalling the mag spring and doing the "hammer tuning" to the rear of the msg as demo'd on YouTube.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

Quote Originally Posted by docwade View Post
    I had pretty good luck with reinstalling the mag spring and doing the "hammer tuning" to the rear of the msg as demo'd on YouTube.

now if i was not on dial-up i would take a look at that!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.