Thread: anybody seen one of these?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak anybody seen one of these?

MACHINE GUNS FOR SALE - AUTOWEAPONS.COM

anybody remember this LMG attempt from back in the 80s?

Feedback Score

Yup, Shot Gun News ran ads on them for a year or so, At that time frame I think they were selling for $550.00 to $650.00 range. I saw a guy at the Hernando machine gun shoot using one on a M16 lower i believe, it ran quite well.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and goverment, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

there were a number of attempts to turn the m16 into a LMG. i got to run the field with one back in 1982. it was kind of heavy for a m16 derived weapon but it was much lighter than the short barreled m-60s we had been using.

then the m249 came along--LOL!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

M249 sucks ass but the one's I shot where at infantry school were beat to hell and jammed alot but they where beat up and shot out.

Now the M240G on the other hand was a work of art, man do I miss those sooo well made I loved it. There are times I think of leaveing my wife to be with a M240G again.

If you want a MG it needs to be belt fed!!!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

the one in the link fired from an open bolt. we had those and we also had some modified H-bar m-16s for the auto-rifleman concept.

all it was was a m-16a1 with a H-bar made out of some kind of expensive "goobertonium" steel and triple chrome lined--they may have been n2 treated as well.

sort of like the m249 barrel but fitted the m-16.

as i recall we shot the jeebers out of them. never did get those 100rd drums though.

they never did cook off even though there were closed bolt. the gas tubes would glow red and the handguards would smoke some as they were just run of the mill a1 parts.

i suppose with the 30rd mags it was just tough to heat-sink the barrel --LOL!

the good thing though was they were only slightly heaver than a m-16.

we never did give up the m60 till we ran that thing well into the late 80s and used up all the spare parts.

a very nice LMG that was 5.56 came from the star plant in spain it was like a mini-mg34-44

a very reliable and light weapon but it suffered from the NIH disease with the DOD and socom. the skipper had talked about buying a few of those but couldn't for some paperwork reason. could be used in testing but not deployed or some such rubbish.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Yup,

I remember those. We sold at least 100 of them. We got them direct from Colt, along with the conversion kits for the lowers to allow for Open bolt operation. We typed up a nice letter for each buyer to sign stating that they understood that installation of the conversion parts in any firearm would render that firearm illegal under both the NFA and GCA....

Still sold like hotcakes....
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

Quote Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
    Yup, Shot Gun News ran ads on them for a year or so, At that time frame I think they were selling for $550.00 to $650.00 range. I saw a guy at the Hernando machine gun shoot using one on a M16 lower i believe, it ran quite well.

LOL i just remembered where i was one recently --over at hess/vulcan!

yea that was just a year or couple years back.

the price on the MG ad is --well--out there!--LOL

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

didn't know it was a open bolt gun, Kind of like that Idea.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.