Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LMT m16 seen while in the service?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Ft. Polk OSUT, Charlie 1-1. 11BH01, 106 and 90mm recoilless, i remember that. my issue M16A1 was an H&R.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by eldogg View Post
    Ft. Polk OSUT, Charlie 1-1. 11BH01, 106 and 90mm recoilless, i remember that. my issue M16A1 was an H&R.
    June 1968 here eldogg.. "Everyman A Tiger" sign.. Was that still there?
    Tiger. After I sat in the sun and drank hot Texas Lone Star beer, I wanted too slice my wrists.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

i wasn't there 'till june of 75. don't remember the sign. but i remember the heat and the black f*ck bugs.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile Chiggers..

Quote Originally Posted by eldogg View Post
    i wasn't there 'till june of 75. don't remember the sign. but i remember the heat and the black f*ck bugs.
    Posted before. But on the way down the pilot "Military DC-3" or something says.
    "Wanna see some jungle." AHHHHHHHHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
    Swamp top level. Damn wings were hitting the brush.
    30 guys screaming like little girls.
    I could not wait too get out of that stink hole and get too Nam. Never never have I been in a worse dump in my life.
    If your in the Military and they tell you your going too Ft. Polk. Go friggen A.W.O.L..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

as part of "detachment-1" we even had to spend a few weeks training at ft.polk --seems like it was around 1982.

late june-- just right to be crawling around in the thickets cause all the snakes and bugs were out full-force by then.

thank the lord for 100% deet!
    a snake and bug infested, gator filled swamp/rain forest steam bath.

but i have spent much time in WORSE places since. makes polk look like the good old days--LOL

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Good man j4. Ft Polk survivor. They trained me in that swamp hole. With a recoilless rifle. Then sent me too the damn mountains, where it got so cool sometimes we almost needed winter gear.
    Never saw a swamp, or rice paddy again, till I moved too Florida. Or a recoiless rifle.
    I was so glad too get out of "Devils Island" I mean Ft. Polk. Really did not care if they sent me too Bangladesh.
    Gotta love the Guberment.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

one thing about uncle sam--they did get us those snow-shoes and mickey mouse boots just in time for Iraqi war #1-LOL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.