Gunco Forums banner

AR-15 Sniper rifle...

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  j427x 
#1 · (Edited)
- Range. 800 yards.
- Weapon. Rock River. 7" barrel NFA.
- Ammo. Wolf FMJ.
- Wind. 10 m.p.h. Right too left. This caused the one flyer top left.
- Position. Bench rest.
- Scope. Nikon monarch. 3x9x40 1/4 m.o.a.

I have reloading equipment but have not used it lately.
Do believe with some good re-loads I can tighten up the grouping.
So what do you guys think? :dunno:

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Yup,

AR-15s can hit accurately out to 600 meters.

Penetration becomes the issue. I have a 24" bull barrel that will take a gnat off a water buffalo at 700 meters... But if a 2x4 is the target, I can dig the bullets out with a rusty nail file...

.223 is a fine cartridge. Just not at distances over 500 meters. Mass does count for something.

Nice shooting though. that group at 400 from that barrel length.....Something to brag about to be sure...

#10 ·
- Range. 600 yards.
- Weapon. Rock River. 7" barrel NFA.
- Ammo. Wolf FMJ.
- Wind. 10 m.p.h. Right too left. This caused the one flyer top left.
- Position. Bench rest.
- Scope. Nikon monarch. 3x9x40 1/4 m.o.a.

I have reloading equipment but have not used it lately.
Do believe with some good re-loads I can tighten up the grouping.
So what do you guys think? :dunno:
4th - 400 yards or the 600 yards mentioned in your first post? ;) :D :trulies:
Either way good shooting. :thumbup1:

I bet it is quieter than that AK pistol we fired across the street from your house (without hearing protection :D). I felt like I had to yell to hear myself after that one. :nanabang:

#11 ·
O.K. Sniper caught me.

Im funnin you guys on the 400 yards. Sorry, my teasin. But. Next week were going too take it too the range and see what it can do at 100.
I would bet these little guys in the rite hands with some young eyes, could do some good groups.
[video=youtube;eJV0qRsvwW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJV0qRsvwW4]YouTube - Shooting an LWRC 10.5-inch SBR 500+ yards[/video]
500 yards with a 10.5 inch. Probably would just give someone a headache. :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.