Thread: Hey j4 yo my Bro..

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile Hey j4 yo my Bro..

So my neighbor comes over and I am showing him my ARs... Well that weak spring I had in the two lowers hammers.
    "You have them in backwards you idiot." Hmmm.
    Now he wants too show me some way too smooth the trigger pull, cut the spring for right handers. Cut the bolt connecting the rear grip down, for smoother trigger action.
    Anyone ever tried or heard of this stuff. Hell I dont know. I got as far as backward springs.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Another Day In Paradise DiabloII's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I never used a standard trigger for an ar, i've always put in the rock river 2 stage trigger.

so i can't help u much.
    buying up all the guns and ammo i can just to PISS OFF the douche bag liberals

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Hey 4th in one of the AR posts there are instructions for the "easy trigger job". It works on some ammo but DON'T do all your lowers at once. Sometimes commie ammo has primers that are lower and harder to pop off. I've done a couple of mine and it does work. j4 will give you his opinion and to me that's what I usually go by! I know you have extra springs so give it a shot-ha ha.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

lately i have been going the other way and installing heaver than standard springs.

so far they haven't added any pull weight.

i am not too sure what your pal is doing? seems like you could lighten the trigger a bit by letting one leg of the spring hang and putting the other leg in the fork.

how i get a good trigger with the stock parts is this. i swap triggers and hammers around till i get one that feels good then a add a little polish job on the trigger and hammer.

if you don't have enough spares to do this i would suggest the "easy hammer job" -- sometimes it is called the "15 minute trigger job".

other than the stock set up there are numerous aftermarket triggers that can get way down in the trigger pull.

i haven't found a use for the AM triggers except for pure target rifles.

a single stage trigger is the best for all around use IMHO as long as it gives a good clean pull.

reducing the length of that bolt that holds the grip might help IF it is hitting the trigger when pulled. that is a pretty big IF.

but one thing is that putting in a shorter bolt/screw --as long as it holds the grip ain't going to hurt anything. so it might help. i would just back the screw/bolt up a little bit and see if that helps.

i say let you pal do his thing on the trigger and try it out. there ain't much there he can hurt --less he takes the dremmils to the lower! then say 'hell no!"---

LOL!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

He explained it too me. I had no friggen idea what he was talking about.
    Remember. He was talking too a guy who put the spring in backwards.
    I was just happy too get the hammer working.
    These things are a tad bit more expensive than the AKs when I start whipping them in the canal.
    Or setting the AR distance record toss.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Your neighbor is right. The only problem is making the trigger pull too light for you. Once the spring is cut, there is no adjustment. On the other hand...if it's too light for you, that spring is very cheap and easily replaced.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by 555th View Post
    Your neighbor is right. The only problem is making the trigger pull too light for you. Once the spring is cut, there is no adjustment. On the other hand...if it's too light for you, that spring is very cheap and easily replaced.

thats right standard springs are like $1.50 to --$0.50 a pop. so if you don't like the mod you out a tops of $1.50

besides i got a few i pulled to replace with XP springs i'll send you NC--LOL!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking No dont do that...

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    thats right standard springs are like $1.50 to --$0.50 a pop. so if you don't like the mod you out a tops of $1.50

besides i got a few i pulled to replace with XP springs i'll send you NC--LOL!
    Next time the neighbor comes over I will let him experiment with the trigger. I dont care.
    But dont send any springs. After my first try at putting the lower together.
    I had springs everywhere. Even my cat ate one. It fell in the cat dish and he ate it. He was hungry he wanted it so eat.
    Now I have 20 bags of extra springs.
    But the two stage trigger sounds interesting. Maybe I will try that.
    What do you have too do. Pull the trigger twice or something??

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Jard Trigger 3lb Non Adjustable

a very nice single-stage trigger. a bit pricey though.

i make do with the stock parts i can get under 4lbs on the pull most of the time and still be dependable.

if i had money to burn though i would experiment more with some of these aftermarket jobs.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.