Thread: MFS zinc plated .223 ammo test PART III...SUCCESS! Gas piston AR with Russian ammo.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default MFS zinc plated .223 ammo test PART III...SUCCESS! Gas piston AR with Russian ammo.

MFS is a Hungarian company that I foound out about at the last gun show I went to. I have since found out that this particular batch of ammo is Russian made and have been told that it is Silver Bear in different packaging.

I put about 140 rounds of MFS (Russian made) zinc plated 55 grain FMJ .223 ammo through my POF gas piston AR....and IT WORKED!!! Yay!!! No failures of any kind and I got a case of it for about $200. Not bad. I like this stuff.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

This may be the same stuff I bought. Does it have a very distinct ammonia smell when fired? If it is the same stuff, it would not cycle my HK33, My C93 (hk clone) or 2 of the ar's. It was way under powered. It would cycle AK's and the daewoo. I was trying to find an acceptably accurate ammo thawould function all my 223/ 556 weapons. This was not it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vz58 View Post
    This may be the same stuff I bought. Does it have a very distinct ammonia smell when fired? If it is the same stuff, it would not cycle my HK33, My C93 (hk clone) or 2 of the ar's. It was way under powered. It would cycle AK's and the daewoo. I was trying to find an acceptably accurate ammo thawould function all my 223/ 556 weapons. This was not it.

No, I know that smell you're referring to. This ammo does not have it and I experienced no failures of any kind. I was pretty impressed. You may want to try it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

everybody seems to think that all russian made ammo is the same.

so far the russian made ammo i have used is not the same from brand to brand or even batch to batch.

i also noticed the batches of tula i got have smaller primers than the wolf has.

tula has turned out some ammo with defective and under loaded powders.

russian ammo also 'generally" has poorly made and sized bullets with steel jackets, this is where the 3"-4" + MOA's are kicking in.

i like the 75gr in russian stuff it seems to work well in SBR's. not super accurate but the extra weight keeps the pressure up.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.