Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AR-15 Future Rifle Concept

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Don't bust his bubble-he just might have our rifle of the future!! Stranger things have happened. We need a new John Browning.

Feedback Score

Thanks guys, I hope I can offer something useful to the firearm community. We'll just have to see.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HMMMM FO 50 GRAND A GUY COULD STAND THERE 8 HRS A DAY 5 DAYS A WEEK FOR A YEAR AND STILL MAKE GOOD MONEY. IM NOT SURE WHAT COULD POSSABLE COST EVEN 10 GRAND OR 5 GRAND TO MACHINE THAT IS A GUN PART?????

PROTOTYPE OR NOT WERE TALKING A GOOD YEARS SALERY HERE. I CANT THINK OF ANY THING GUN RELATED I WOULD NOT MAKE FOR 50 LARGE EVEN IF I HAD TO BUY THE MILL TO DO IT. (MANAUL AT LEAST)

Feedback Score

The cost is the defense of IP, not the process to prototype.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Yup...Too many Lawyers involved. Whether you want it or not, that is the reality.

Intellectual Property is the coin of the realm. That is why I can command salaries in excess of $250K per year. I own IP. I have a proven track record. Reality is that 1 out of 10,000 patentable ideas are worth a damn. Other reality is that having a defensible track record is worth a couple of million in lawyer fees.

I wish him luck. This is a "dirty" technology. Too many junk patents out there that are too vague, and there are only so many ways to skin this cat in the field of Firearms.

Hiring a talented machinist is cheap...$40-$65 per hour. Having the machinist sign a non-disclosure doubles the price. Having the machinist sign a non-compete is either 10 fold more money, or nearly impossible. No way to word it that does not intrude on his core biz of cutting metal. Sad but true.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.