Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Anybody here tried Sabots in a 7.62X25 carbine?

Feedback Score

Yesterday I was cleaning up the carbine I used to shoot the sabots and found that the scope was loose -- the scope bases were not tight to the rail and the scope moved easily front to back. Now I'm not a great shot and I mentioned how I couldn't get the two 7.62 Tok shots to touch and it was only 50 yards and I was at 9 power on the scope. I can't say for sure if the scope had anything to do with the accuracy or not -- of course it doesn't help when you're already a bad shot.

I had already started the day out bad at the range. I had an old box of Sellier&Bellott ammo that I was using to sight in the scope before trying the sabots. I was having a heck of a time getting the scope to zero in but never thought to check the mounts -- figured it was just me. Then I got a squib load and a bullet stuck in the barrel -- so I had to pack up and drive home to try and get the bullet out. I got back to the range and fired those two shots and figured I better stay with them and not push my luck. I'm going to try again in a couple of weeks, but with a tight scope and better sight-in ammo.

Feedback Score

Got a Chrony to check the velocities on the sabots. the average for 5 rounds was 2288fps with a high of 2296. I got most of 20 rounds into a 1" target square at 50 yards with just a couple of flyers. Seems the bullet seater I was using was actually pushing on the sabot, not the bullet so I made a special ram for the Tok bullet seater just for sabots. It did seem to help some but sabots will never be target ammo.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Hey guys, I can't seem to start a new thread, so some one put this up as a new thread for me. Century has 762x25 back in stock 135.90 per 800 rnds in sealed can. I know some of you have been looking hard for it, hard, hope this helps the lookers. I'll post it in a couple other places too so as many people can see it as possible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.