Gunco Forums banner

AR novice needs assistance

3K views 36 replies 10 participants last post by  2ndAmendican 
#1 ·
Looking for an entry level AR-15, I see Rock River has Entry Operators for $1000.00 and Red Jacket has one for $1050.00. Is one of these better than the other? Other suggestions?

Thanks
al

#34 ·
I still like a book, when dealing with ANY gun. You can keep them in the shop and grab them in seconds, as opposed to having to go inside, find a DVD, fire up the TV and skip to the part you may need help with. . . Just my opinion though.

The AR-15: Complete Assembly Guide, by Walt Kulek is ~$10 and is everything you need and more. :)

#37 ·
Crappy cell phone pic, but here she is. I used the lower assembly tutorial posted by Dutigaf, that I guess came from AR15.com at some point. Excellent tutorial!!! Well written, clear diagrams, tool list. I was pleased. Took me about an hour to build as it's my first one. Boy did it bring back memories of Parris Island, and field stripping my old M16A1 !!!!! LOL. I still need a few other "accessories", but I promised the wife I'd wait a few weeks to buy all the rest of what I want. After building 20+ AK based weapons, this was as easy as it gets. Thanks again to all who helped.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.