Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: AR novice needs assistance

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Still waiting on my Del-Ton M4 kit. In the mean time I was going to order a PSA lower. Started talking with a guy at work, that turned out to be an AR guy who is starting to develop some interest in building an APEX Bulgy AK74 kit. Told him about my M4 project, and he mentioned that he just bought a PSA lower, and wants to sell his Del-Ton lower. I wound up buying it for $60.00. Fairly new, one scratch (minor), no transfer fee, no shipping, etc.... I'm pleased. BTW, he was changing lowers because his AR kit was from PSA, but he already had the Del-Ton lower. He just wanted a matching rifle. Works out for me.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Finally got the email from Del-Ton that my M4 parts kit shipped!!!! Yay me!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Brownells has free instructional videos on their website. Broken down into step by step detailed inscructions.They make it EASY. GunTech : How to Build An AR-15 Video - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

I still like a book, when dealing with ANY gun. You can keep them in the shop and grab them in seconds, as opposed to having to go inside, find a DVD, fire up the TV and skip to the part you may need help with. . . Just my opinion though.

The AR-15: Complete Assembly Guide, by Walt Kulek is ~$10 and is everything you need and more.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i just downloaded the army m-16 manual and when i needed part of it i just printed the pages needed.

there are several places to download the manual on the interwebs. even ar15.com has a couple posted.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    i just downloaded the army m-16 manual and when i needed part of it i just printed the pages needed.

there are several places to download the manual on the interwebs. even ar15.com has a couple posted.
    Those will work, and I use them frequently. I do think for a first time builder that "The Complete Assembly Guide" provides many more quality pics, especially in the "tiny compressed spring" areas.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Crappy cell phone pic, but here she is. I used the lower assembly tutorial posted by Dutigaf, that I guess came from AR15.com at some point. Excellent tutorial!!! Well written, clear diagrams, tool list. I was pleased. Took me about an hour to build as it's my first one. Boy did it bring back memories of Parris Island, and field stripping my old M16A1 !!!!! LOL. I still need a few other "accessories", but I promised the wife I'd wait a few weeks to buy all the rest of what I want. After building 20+ AK based weapons, this was as easy as it gets. Thanks again to all who helped.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.