Thread: Help me choose, Rifle Length or Mid length Rail...

Feedback Score

Default Help me choose, Rifle Length or Mid length Rail...

I am ordering a 16" Midlength Lightweight kit from Del-Ton and am torn between the choice of using the YHM Mid Length Light Weight Diamond Hand guards or using the Rifle Length Lightweight Diamond hand guard. If I use the rifle length it will obviously be with the low profile gas block, but if I run the mid length, I am further undecided on running a low profile gas block or standard block, with a flip up rear for back up....

Help suggestions...

Thank You

Feedback Score

I have a BCM middy with a std. front post. I run a red dot on the receiver with a flip up rear that co-witnesses perfectly. The dot being parallax free is awesome for quick shots, but when I take the time to line em up with the rear up, it puts it precisely where I aim.

If you plan to use a scope, then the longer rail w/ flip up front is ideal.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I think your the only one that can answer that. I personally like 12" rails on my carbines.

Feedback Score

Ok I ordered the full length under the low pro rail, thanks for the help.

Feedback Score

If you have at least a mid quality barrel such as DEL-TON, you maight be very surprised at how well your gun will shoot in the free-float config. w/ a light gas block.

My only DEL-TON in a 20" LW contour with std. HGs. It is a parts gun to boot, with stuff I aquired over the years and slapped together. It is my best shooting rifle and consistently thump the 400 yard gong with irons off my bi-pod. The 200 yd steel isn't even a challenge. On top of that it is 100% reliable. . .

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.