Gunco Forums banner

First AR Build Complete-(Mostly)

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  unclebsd 
#1 ·
Figured I'd start a new thread on this one.

While I am affluent in the ways of the Kalashnikov, and have built on the order of 25 variants, I had not built an AR type rifle until this week. Thanks to several of you fine folk's input and guidance. I purchased a Del-Ton M4 carbine kit with an M16 BCG, and picked up a stripped Del-Ton lower from a friend at work. Very basic, and I still havent picked up any type of rear sight. I'm partial to the carry handle, because in my youth I carried an M16A1 in the Marines. At the moment I have no real need for any serious optics, so I will probably go with the handle. I know that this is as basic as they come, and it's from a bottom tier company, but it was a nice change of pace nonetheless. Since I have a Galil/Golani I'm thinking about getting an AR mag adaptor for it from AKPartskits.com and just running AR mags as they are WAY less expensive. Any rate, here's my new toy:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks! Unfortunately I have to work all freaking weekend, so it'll probably be next weekend before I can go test it. Got this one and a semi PPS43 that I just completed the functional part of the build to test. Should be a fun session!

#7 ·
Bubba, thanks for the link.

Mad and Bill, good to know that you're pleased with Del-Ton. I guess I put that a little meaner than I meant it regarding them being a bottom tier company. I should have prefaced that by saying that compared to some of the various companies with $300.00 lowers, and $2500.00 rifles, Del-Ton is at the lower end of the cost spectrum. Didn't mean they weren't any good, otherwise I wouldn't have ordered my parts from them. It's good to know that you guys have had good experiences with them though. Thanks for the input.

#12 ·
LMAO!!! Keepin it somewhat simple. Gonna put a cheap red dot on it, and that's about it. Put the carry handle, rear sling adaptor, and a new grip on it. Stocking up on mags and ammo since I got an AR mag adaptor for my Galil, and can run them both with one kinda mag. The Galil with the adaptor really likes the Pmags.

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.