First AR Build Complete-(Mostly)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First AR Build Complete-(Mostly)

Gunco Good ole boy 2ndAmendican's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Default First AR Build Complete-(Mostly)

Figured I'd start a new thread on this one.

While I am affluent in the ways of the Kalashnikov, and have built on the order of 25 variants, I had not built an AR type rifle until this week. Thanks to several of you fine folk's input and guidance. I purchased a Del-Ton M4 carbine kit with an M16 BCG, and picked up a stripped Del-Ton lower from a friend at work. Very basic, and I still havent picked up any type of rear sight. I'm partial to the carry handle, because in my youth I carried an M16A1 in the Marines. At the moment I have no real need for any serious optics, so I will probably go with the handle. I know that this is as basic as they come, and it's from a bottom tier company, but it was a nice change of pace nonetheless. Since I have a Galil/Golani I'm thinking about getting an AR mag adaptor for it from AKPartskits.com and just running AR mags as they are WAY less expensive. Any rate, here's my new toy:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

looks nice! tell us how it shoots!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Thanks! Unfortunately I have to work all freaking weekend, so it'll probably be next weekend before I can go test it. Got this one and a semi PPS43 that I just completed the functional part of the build to test. Should be a fun session!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

CEO Macon Armory Inc. Mad-Machinist's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Actually Del-Ton is not what I'd consider bottom tier by a long shot.....I've bought literally 10's of thousands of dollars in parts form them over the years and have never had a problem or an out of spec part.......

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Machinist View Post
    Actually Del-Ton is not what I'd consider bottom tier by a long shot.....I've bought literally 10's of thousands of dollars in parts form them over the years and have never had a problem or an out of spec part.......
    Me too!! Usually fast shipping and quality parts. I love the Southern accent the girls on the phone have!!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Bubba, thanks for the link.

Mad and Bill, good to know that you're pleased with Del-Ton. I guess I put that a little meaner than I meant it regarding them being a bottom tier company. I should have prefaced that by saying that compared to some of the various companies with $300.00 lowers, and $2500.00 rifles, Del-Ton is at the lower end of the cost spectrum. Didn't mean they weren't any good, otherwise I wouldn't have ordered my parts from them. It's good to know that you guys have had good experiences with them though. Thanks for the input.

Feedback Score

Lookin good!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Del-Ton here I come.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Machinist View Post
    I am with Mad-Machinist on this...Del-Ton may not be the Cream of the Crop, but they are not the nasty crap either...I like their kits, and have never had to replace even a single bit or part. I would put Del-Ton in the upper end of the scale personally....No dis-respect intended.

OK, just read the following posts...Premature e-post-e-ation on my part.....

I agree, Del-Ton has pretty good prices. $50-$60 more than the bottom feeders, and simlar dollars less than the top-tier. I REALLY like their Mid-Length Kit offer....Nice.,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.