Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 9mm SS barrels $105

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    j4. Why are you going with those long 10.5 inch barrels?
    Hell 7 inch is all you need.
    Just aim a little higher, if your shooting long distance.

i need at least a 10.5" so the "can" can be welded & pinned --that way i'll only need ONE stamp from the BATF-- saving about $200.

believe me 4th i was looking long and hard at those 7"s

many of the guys running cans on the 9mm versions like the 5.5"--LOL hell even 4"s-- you can go super short with the 9mm 4th cause their ain't no gas port on a blow-back!

we know you like the shoties!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    well it looks like i joined the 9mm AR-15 club. i got a 16" barrel and one of those ramped 9mm bolts. looks like i got the last one.

don't fret though. PK arms has the same ramped bolt carrier on sale for $150 as well.
    j427x,
    I looked at the PK firearms site and it says it's a RRA 9mm bolt -- are those bolts all ramped now?
    PK Firearms | Online Store
    Reason I ask is a friend just ordered the barrel and tried to get the bolt from JSE and they were out -- he would really prefer a ramped bolt.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

The RRA bolts have to use a trimmed 9mm hammer.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by 22_boomer View Post
    j427x,
    I looked at the PK firearms site and it says it's a RRA 9mm bolt -- are those bolts all ramped now?
    PK Firearms | Online Store
    Reason I ask is a friend just ordered the barrel and tried to get the bolt from JSE and they were out -- he would really prefer a ramped bolt.

good question-- i have heard that later RRA's are ramped --however this is just scuttlebutt as i have not had a RRA 9mm bolt/carrier.

ADCO did carry the ramped bolts though i can't for the life of me remember if they were RRA or CMMG??? --

knowing JSE they may come back in stock. seems every time i order something from them that is OOS they somehow manage to dig up one more--

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

ok the mag-block and bolt came in today.

the mag block is plastic with stamped steed parts. it drops in from the top.

you do have to remove the BHO to install it.

it does have a bolt hold open on the mag block.

pro-mag quality as it says may be made of US and imported materials--LOL

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I missed the mailman today (signature required?), so hopefully he'll drop the barrel off tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    I missed the mailman today (signature required?), so hopefully he'll drop the barrel off tomorrow.

yea there shipping signature required now-- i had to sign for the bolt and the adaptor.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    yea there shipping signature required now-- i had to sign for the bolt and the adaptor.
    Well after two more days of no barrel I went to the post office and good thing I did. The morons were sending it back to JSE because I signed the card that says sign here to authorize the mailman to sign for you and leave it at your address. They went into vapor lock because it was some secret squirrel thing that they had to see me actually sign it (shouldn't of left the card circled with that as an option then EHH?). It was already back in route to JSE today at 1:30. luckily the post office was able to stop it at the next town over that all our mail goes through so I could pick it up there. Oddly the clerk (who had the WTF did the other P.O. do look on her face the whole time) there accepted the signature on the card I signed on monday that was taped to the box. So I got my box without them ever actually seeing me sign my name anyway.

The barrel looks well made and the only thing I question is the 1/2"-36TPI threads for the barrel nut. I would have prefered 5/8"-24tpi but for $105 for a SS barrel I'll deal with it.
    Last edited by moleman; 12-29-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    Well after two more days of no barrel I went to the post office and good thing I did. The morons were sending it back to JSE because I signed the card that says sign here to authorize the mailman to sign for you and leave it at your address. They went into vapor lock because it was some secret squirrel thing that they had to see me actually sign it (shouldn't of left the card circled with that as an option then EHH?). It was already back in route to JSE today at 1:30. luckily the post office was able to stop it at the next town over that all our mail goes through so I could pick it up there. Oddly the clerk (who had the WTF did the other P.O. do look on her face the whole time) there accepted the signature on the card I signed on monday that was taped to the box. So I got my box without them ever actually seeing me sign my name anyway.

The barrel looks well made and the only thing I question is the 1/2"-32TPI threads for the barrel nut. I would have prefered 5/8"-24tpi but for $105 for a SS barrel I'll deal with it.
    I wonder when the Post Office starts laying people off do you think some of the numb-nuts will be leaving or do you think they are the ones that will stay. The one that delivers to my place seems to shuffle the mail so my stuff gets delivered to all the other houses on the block and I get theirs.

Isn't that threading (1/2 -32tpi) for the flash hider the standard that Colt uses for the 9mm barrels? I wonder who might sell an inexpensive one?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

My bad 22 boomer, the muzzle is 1/2"-36tpi. Don't have a clue what is standard for colt on 9mm barrels. I'm going to thread it for a barrel extension and change it over to DI for a member on another board. It will save a bunch of lathe time over a blank since it is already profiled, and SS to boot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.