Gunco Forums banner

9mm SS barrels $105

3K views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  moleman 
#1 · (Edited)
JSE Surplus - AR 9mm

here is some nice stuff for only a little $$.

stainless steel 9mm barrels in 7" and in 16" for $105

uppers in 9mm for $95

bolts/BCG in 9mm for $150

and a mag block for $35--

only thing is i can't decide if i want a 16" or 7"??? i wish they had a 10" or 11.5" !!!

#12 ·
well it looks like i joined the 9mm AR-15 club. i got a 16" barrel and one of those ramped 9mm bolts. looks like i got the last one.

don't fret though. PK arms has the same ramped bolt carrier on sale for $150 as well.
j427x,
I looked at the PK firearms site and it says it's a RRA 9mm bolt -- are those bolts all ramped now?
PK Firearms | Online Store
Reason I ask is a friend just ordered the barrel and tried to get the bolt from JSE and they were out -- he would really prefer a ramped bolt.

#6 ·
Thanks for the link j427x, I ordered one of the barrels yesterday for a 9mm di project for a member on another board. A quick thread job for a barrel extension and a re-chamber which will beat the pants off of profiling a blank. Never heard of the PK Arms site, but it looks good too!

#7 ·
i have been thinking of doing a DI in something like 45 acp or maybe 357sig--

i have the feeling 357sig would really be a smoker from a long barrel --like a 10"-16"

i thought i would go the blow-back and just see how it runs first--

did you check out those $35 mag blocks?:smoke:

#8 ·
Yes I saw the magwell blocks. Are they made of plastic or aluminum? I'd eventually like to try uzi mags and was thinking about getting one. Dunno if the di and uzi mags will work though. There have been several people that built 45acp di uppers and at least one guy claims to have made a 357 sig di upper. The 357 sig upper should work just fine with a 762x39 bolt with a couple coils missing from the ejector spring to keep the much lighter cases from being battered into the barrel extension upon extraction.

#9 ·
i have got two goals in the pistol cal ar project

#1 is quiet

#2 is cheap--LOL

the problem with the 357 sig is the brass is a bit more expensive than 9mm and it sure ain't going to be quiet if you load it up to make full power.

i am sure the $35 mag blocks are the same ones sold by C-products polymer with some steel in critical areas.

one of the things holding me back on building a PC ar was i cringed at buying a $179 mag block.

what i really wanted was a 10.5" barrel the bad news is we just missed a sale at green mountain where they were $80!

but a stainless that has GI profile for $105 is certainly a great price. and if i decide to go SBR i can just cut it back to whatever i think i want--

#10 ·
j4. Why are you going with those long 10.5 inch barrels?
Hell 7 inch is all you need.
Just aim a little higher, if your shooting long distance. :)

#15 ·
ok the mag-block and bolt came in today.

the mag block is plastic with stamped steed parts. it drops in from the top.

you do have to remove the BHO to install it.

it does have a bolt hold open on the mag block.

pro-mag quality as it says may be made of US and imported materials--LOL

#20 ·
My bad 22 boomer, the muzzle is 1/2"-36tpi. Don't have a clue what is standard for colt on 9mm barrels. I'm going to thread it for a barrel extension and change it over to DI for a member on another board. It will save a bunch of lathe time over a blank since it is already profiled, and SS to boot.

#23 ·
Thanks j427x, The only part that is remotely time consuming is the gas block. Most of the ones I've made weren't adjustable and went together faster. With the contour of the barrel a single piece gas block was out of the question. I'm already gathering parts for a 357max rimless build. Standard bolt, maybe even standard gas system. I'll need to modify the max brass to rimless and get a 358 barrel for the slower twist rate.

#25 ·
J427x, Here is the info on the 357 rimless. AR15BARRELS.COM - 357 Rimless Mag I have made a few straight walled 223 case and the longest useable length I could get was 1.450" and it was a chore to make. That site has ready to load cases for $25/100 which (after make a few) think is a steal. Looks like you'd just need a barrel and a set of dies to use it. I'm down to ordering a barrel for the max build. I'm looking at a .358 barrel with a 1-14" twist for it.

#27 ·
It runs great on Winchester white box, Win ranger HP, Remington UMC yellow, reloads (115fmj 5.2gr Win 231). It did not like CCI Blazer aluminum cased ammo which seemed very under powered. I didn't try opening up the gas adjustment for the blazer either though. The gas block was a two piece design because of the profile of the barrel and ended up being quite blocky. It did suprisingly fit under a car length handguard of mine that doesn't have any heat shields in it. The others I've made had a standard stepped profile of the barrel and a one piece clamp type gas block or a set screw type so they were much easier to finish. The one piece gas blocks are also slimmer, but may not fit under all free float tubes because of the straight gas tube. I think I have a solution to that problem, but I haven't had time to make one yet. Existing 9mm barrels may or may not work depending on length. The one in the pic started off at 16.25" but because of the way barrels are measured by bore length. By the time I got that barrel set up the boltface to muzzle measurement was only slightly over 16.1" although the outside measurement was over 16.25"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.