Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ssar-15 slidefire

Feedback Score

Default ssar-15 slidefire

wicked to say the least about bump firing! dam thing is nice for around 350.00 and atf approved legal!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

I just saw one of those at a local three gun match. After we were done, the owner was demoing it. It's pretty fun, but I just can't justify the couple times I would probably use it. Sure I would giggle like a school girl, but running through $100 in ammo every time I broke it out...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yeah there are some vids and my review posted here too.

the best thing about it is that when your neighbors call the cops on you and they do come over to check on your machine guns... your covered & after they play with it for a few minutes they leave happy & your not bothered anymore.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i am sure the santa at the BATF is making a list and checking it twice.

i figure few of you remember when the BATF was selling DIAS through shotgun news in the 1980s just after the BATF made them illegal?

lots of guys got caught up in that one.

you want to be well within the law at all times as the BATF can suddenly change their minds and the gray area at the fringe of the law can suddenly become a felony class conviction.

you are grown men --proceed at your own risk.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    i figure few of you remember when the BATF was selling DIAS through shotgun news in the 1980s just after the BATF made them illegal?

you are grown men --proceed at your own risk.
    I think they still sell them in shotgun news, I know I still see one add for them every month. I always kind of thought it was dumb

Feedback Score

Does anyone know if the slide fire solutions SSAR-15 stock is legal in Connecticut? I ask because, while it doesn't put your proprietary AR-15 into any assault weapon or machine gun category by definition, it may be restricted because of the moving action of the stock. Every 6-position stock must be pinned into a fixed position in accordance with Connecticut state law. This stock is not a 6-position stock albeit it does move back and forward about 1/2 an inch on the buffer tube. I called my local police department to ask about it and they couldn't give me an answer as to whether it was restricted or not

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I can't imagine that it could be illeagal as it dosn't change over all length by more than a half inch, but that's only me, no telling about what some pimple faced politician in Conn might be thinking? It's kinda like the cranks that you can put on the trigger guards, those are cool if they were better quality. State and federal laws can contradict each other in many cases, maybe the folks at BATF can tell ya, I can't, they have almost always been able to give me an answer to all my questions, and will send you a letter if there is any conflicts. And j4, I'm not really sure about that "grown men" thing, I've been working on it for 61 years!!!! Not quite there yet!! How bout you??

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    I can't imagine that it could be illeagal as it dosn't change over all length by more than a half inch, but that's only me, no telling about what some pimple faced politician in Conn might be thinking? It's kinda like the cranks that you can put on the trigger guards, those are cool if they were better quality. State and federal laws can contradict each other in many cases, maybe the folks at BATF can tell ya, I can't, they have almost always been able to give me an answer to all my questions, and will send you a letter if there is any conflicts. And j4, I'm not really sure about that "grown men" thing, I've been working on it for 61 years!!!! Not quite there yet!! How bout you??

i feel pretty damn old today--but i have been cutting firewood!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

it didnt change the length of my gun at all... still allows the use of all positions on the buttstock & locks into all of them if you want.

my results also dont change. some days i can just rip with this thing.. others ? not so much.

its all about your shooting style and if you can let it go.

being a small guy, i climb on a gun and squeeze it like my life may depend on it ... this is a hard habit to overcome & just kills the action of this stock if you dont relax and let it flow.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by docwade View Post
    I just saw one of those at a local three gun match. After we were done, the owner was demoing it. It's pretty fun, but I just can't justify the couple times I would probably use it. Sure I would giggle like a school girl, but running through $100 in ammo every time I broke it out...
    It can be a lot cheaper than you think.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.