Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Take a Walk on the Wild Side

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Take a Walk on the Wild Side

Everyone probably knows that I play for the "Red Team" but I bought a Daniel Defense M4 Carbine on a special email sale for $950 (XV-EZ model). Guess I now have yet another calibre to stockpile. Heck, maybe I was just bored while sitting around at the drill site and thought "hey I need another firearm" when I got the email. The reviews I read were positive and I know some here play both sides, so was this a good deal or did I get hosed? Any comments?

I won't get back home to pick it up for a few weeks tho.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

dont think you did bad, but you coulda stepped into a CMMG for $600. although the CMMG is bone stock

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i think you did pretty good. DD makes good stuff IMHO.

you could have assembled a similar one for a lot less $$ but it would not have all the certified mall-ninja god chart stuff like the DD has.

it is a "serious" quality piece of hardware and that is why it is sort of pricy.

the only problem is the damn AR-15s are like potato chips! you get a m4 clone today, you'll want a shortie next week, then a 300 blackout, then a 7.62x39, then a 6.8/6.5 then a rifle, then a bench gun --

then a 22lr conversion kit, then a blow-back 9mm with a can----then a 45acp--LOL

the modular design makes the platform adaptable to about anything that will fit in the mag well--

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

for a DD, you did good. was it from classic? i got an e-mail from them about a DD sale.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by eldogg View Post
    for a DD, you did good. was it from classic? i got an e-mail from them about a DD sale.
    that's the one.I figured I would take one since the lowest price I seen was about $1,300 and up. If I decided I didn't like it I could probably sell it easy enough. The reviews are good though and I probably should have at least one AR in my collection.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

Damn things are like potato chips. You can't have 'just one'. I'm all outta safe now.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

yes , you can't just not have one, next thing I know I got 10 of them .....damm black potato chips ..

卡拉希尼可夫突擊步槍

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Well the DD M4 carbine arrived and I picked it up last week! I have to find time to get out and slay some paper. Just a bit wet at the range with melting snow and in general a soggy mess. Strange weather for this time of year.

It's not an AK but figured I needed a pea shooter for fun and besides, I thought the price may have been decent enough (under a grand). The downside is now I have to stock up yet another calibre and I had planned to consolidate calibres if possible. Then again I also said I had enough guns but I keep buying more - go figure.

Feedback Score

like the other have said now get a .22 conversion for it and you will have two guns in one

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

As much as I hate to say it, I like our Mouse Guns...

They shoot straight, they hit hard, and they are reliable.

I have gone to 1800 rounds of semi-auto fire between cleanings (probably three months of time) and could have gone longer, but I just could not stand it any longer. The most I have subjected an AK to is 2200 rounds.

I have carried an M-16 or it's variants into combat four times. I have never had a failure that left me defenseless. Knock REALLY FUCKIN' HARD on the wood. I have personally hit targets (bad actors) out to 520 meters, and yes, I hit them again just to be sure when the chance offered itself.

There are a number of things that I think should be improved in the M-16/M-4 weapons system. But even as it stands, I would take it into combat in a heartbeat.

Just my $0.02. Blade: Start reloading if you are not already doing that.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.