Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gas Piston Conversion Kit

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejack View Post
    well the reason I ask because I am building few 5.45x39 SBR upper, and with surplus ammo sometime just get a bit dirty , I think , piston upper will be less has failure rate then gas .
    Jack,

im running AR's in 5.45, 7.62, TOK all in "dirty stuff".... never had an issue once with it affecting how the guns run.

if you have a good gun/conversion and you shoot it and clean it? theres nothing wrong with the AR set up as it is.

the conversion to the piston style is more about being able to say you can than actual results.

they are "neat" and a fun swap out, but totally not needed.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    Jack,

im running AR's in 5.45, 7.62, TOK all in "dirty stuff".... never had an issue once with it affecting how the guns run.

if you have a good gun/conversion and you shoot it and clean it? theres nothing wrong with the AR set up as it is.

the conversion to the piston style is more about being able to say you can than actual results.

they are "neat" and a fun swap out, but totally not needed.

hat is pretty much what i have seen. the piston driven AR is sort of a answer in search of a question.

i had planned to put one on my 16" wilson 7.62x39 --but it runs so well i'm thinking why bother? the 5.45's also run well--

you know it MIGHT be worth it to do a pistol cal-piston driven AR --

the piston driven systems i have seen are so simple i have thought about building one myself (not out of a kit)--just for giggles--

they got these el-cheap-O gas blocks that are just about expendable for testing --

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I am going to restate the obvious....

1. If you are minimally disciplined, and minimally clean your Stoner designed rifle with motor oil and a toothbrush every 500-750 rounds, you will probably never have an issue.

2. If you are not at all disciplined, are a superstitious, illiterate peasant, and think that Uncle Joe, Uncle Ho, and Uncle Mao are the bee's knee's, you should have an AK, and never have to worry about Direct Impingement vs. Short Stroke Gas system in an AR / M16/M-4 platform.

I can not dumb that message down any further.

Any Questions?
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score

Drop in gas piston conversion kit installs in only five minutes and improves the reliability and function of your AR 15 by eliminating fouling caused by gas venting into receiver. Rifle runs cooler, with less frequent need for cleaning and less wear on carrier and bolt resulting in longer service life from these critical parts. The unique, kidney shaped cross section of the piston and piston chamber provides extra mass and surface area to evenly spread out gas pressure and reduce felt recoil, allowing you to stay on target for rapid follow up shots. Installs in minutes on both semi or full autoburst rifles with a barrel O.D. of .875 or less. No need to remove gas blocksight Mfg Osprey Defense SPECS Steel, black oxide finish. Handguard Reinforced polymer composite, black. Kit includes preassembled piston assembly, bolt carrier, handguard, and instructions.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevon13 View Post
    Drop in gas piston conversion kit installs in only five minutes and improves the reliability and function of your AR 15 by eliminating fouling caused by gas venting into receiver. Rifle runs cooler, with less frequent need for cleaning and less wear on carrier and bolt resulting in longer service life from these critical parts. The unique, kidney shaped cross section of the piston and piston chamber provides extra mass and surface area to evenly spread out gas pressure and reduce felt recoil, allowing you to stay on target for rapid follow up shots. Installs in minutes on both semi or full autoburst rifles with a barrel O.D. of .875 or less. No need to remove gas blocksight Mfg Osprey Defense SPECS Steel, black oxide finish. Handguard Reinforced polymer composite, black. Kit includes preassembled piston assembly, bolt carrier, handguard, and instructions.
    Which ad/site this come from? Now if I can only remember where I've read this verbatim before......
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks for the info, I didn't really see where it made two shits. I've put ??? # of rounds through my bushmaster and 0 issues in stock configuration. Definatly sounds like "an answer in search of a question" to me too. I'll put my bucks toward anouther gun or ammo.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bellson View Post
    I am going to restate the obvious....

1. If you are minimally disciplined, and minimally clean your Stoner designed rifle with motor oil and a toothbrush every 500-750 rounds, you will probably never have an issue.

2. If you are not at all disciplined, are a superstitious, illiterate peasant, and think that Uncle Joe, Uncle Ho, and Uncle Mao are the bee's knee's, you should have an AK, and never have to worry about Direct Impingement vs. Short Stroke Gas system in an AR / M16/M-4 platform.

I can not dumb that message down any further.

Any Questions?
    Saying what needs to be said!! Well done

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

ive got AK's and AR's both.... piles of them in all kinds of calibers in each.

maybe my discipline is better than i thought? lmao

cause i clean them when we get around to it & im for sure a peasant, hillbilly, redneck & s dont have problems with either set up.. hmmmmm
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.