Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gas Piston Conversion Kit

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Default Gas Piston Conversion Kit

who has best one ? and what is all the different ?

卡拉希尼可夫突擊步槍

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've wondered about this too. The gas piston conversion kits are becoming as standard as any other accessory. I know not all accessories parts are of a high quality and I imagine this is no different.
    Want to buy: Tantal Left and Right side selector parts.

RRORC!
    I'm no sheep!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I had one of Adams Arms 5.45 ar-15 with piston, had not shot it yet , I may giving it try

卡拉希尼可夫突擊步槍

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

OUCH those uppers are spendy. Maybe a dumb question , but, why would the gas piston upper be any better than a regular gas tube upper? Especially sense I'm so fussey about keeping my guns so squeeky clean. Is there any particular reason it would be more desirible to have the piston upper as apossed to the standard upper. I seemed to have seen something about changing calibers easy in an add I saw somewhere. You guys helped out in my decision on the x39 upper and wondered if this type upper would allow me to make my AR Bushey more versital, caliber wise. I'd still like to ring out anouther caliber or 2 outa my AR platform without having to sell the farm to do it. School me on these things will ya. Man it would be nice if they came up with something like the MG42's where you just pull a lever and change out a barrel. I really know nothing about these uppers and what the advantages would be in swapping it out for one of these spendy piston units, wouldn't it be heavyer with more moving parts? Help!!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

well the reason I ask because I am building few 5.45x39 SBR upper, and with surplus ammo sometime just get a bit dirty , I think , piston upper will be less has failure rate then gas .

卡拉希尼可夫突擊步槍

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i have been shooting 5.45x39 and 7.62x39 with the ar-DI system for some time haven't had any problems yet. i have been shooting the dirty shit too like yugo corrosive.

i keep saying i'll try out a piston system. but other barrels,rails and what not just keep jumping up in my way!

Feedback Score

im not sure who has the best one. the one ive had on my 5.45 ar i built is the ati - adams arms piston retrofit system. i got it from copes a few months back when it was on sale and installed it myself. the hardest part (for me) was driving the bushing square into the upper where the gas tube went through. it has worked great so far and has been really reliable, no stove pipes or feed issues, so its not under powered or short stroking (my concerns before i installed it). the only bad part is that they recommend a metal iron sight the gas block. ive had my magpul mbus on it (so far and she hasnt melted yet...) until i can buy a quad rail that will fit the piston under it. it makes me take that upper out more often because i dont have to scrub the hell outta it when i shoot my stash of cheap surplus, and no more rust around the gas rings on my bolt.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I have the same question. Also, some have been known to cause damage to the buffer tube threads in the lower from the carrier tilting.Or so I have read. I want to install one but dont want to damage anything.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    I have the same question. Also, some have been known to cause damage to the buffer tube threads in the lower from the carrier tilting.Or so I have read. I want to install one but dont want to damage anything.
    i have 2 AA's. they have "skids" on the bottom of the bolt carrier to prevent "carrier tilt",and i haven't experenced any abnormal wear.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.