Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: problems with 5.45x39 Upper

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

We'll 545X39 is not rated to meet SAMMI specs.. it is Russian.. Sounds like.. you need to just ask for a refund.. and see how that pans out.. but your problem is the first I've read about a S&W 545 upper having problems.. I know the one I have (I built, not a S&W) with a centurian barrel.. will close on a no go gauge.. it will still run.. I have had some problems with wolf ammo being out of spec..it will stick in the chamber..after it is chambered and not fired. so that's another issue... but I'm going to test accuracy and if it is bad I'll have it replaced.. B2B

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I should had few Russian specs AR-15 barrels soon, going to run a test see how these are for shooting

卡拉希尼可夫突擊步槍

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Judging from my conversation with the customer service supervisor they are taking a not our problem: it's your ammo, your lower,you should've sent the whole gun, pass the buck stance on this. If they want to play it's saami ammo or not they then must chamber to saami specs. if the bolt closes on a saami nogo it is out of spec. and according to saami unsafe. It's just sad that a mogul of the firearms industry is so quick to blame the customer and pass the buck. No good can come of this but to torque off a customer!
    Last edited by fishinfool34; 12-21-2011 at 10:21 AM. Reason: spelling correction

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What an interesting conversation with the tech dept at saami. apparently there is no saami spec on the 5.45x39.... I can't believe that kay or kate gave me such a lame brush off answer......WTF

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by fishinfool34 View Post
    What an interesting conversation with the tech dept at saami. apparently there is no saami spec on the 5.45x39.... I can't believe that kay or kate gave me such a lame brush off answer......WTF

she is probably just works there answering calls, she could just work for a service that is answering the calls for S&W.

she probably has an answer sheet for any questions. your lucky the call didn't get routed to a service out sourced to Pakistan !!

it is the holidays --probably their regular gun folks are on holiday--

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

She is the customer service supervisor......It's either kay or kate she was feeding her face while i was talking to her......

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Well the saga continues I have called and got her supervisors name and address and when i have the results of headspace all of this will be going to him. Thank you all for your help Merry Christmas all.....

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

That is what I said... NO saami.. I'm glad you are being pro active.. it will help the next guy out.. when they have a problem.. S&W may not have done any tests on it.. They don;t make the AR.. they are subcontracted.. I have heard about a kimber rifle that was sent to a retailer in Canada, with a test target... and it's barrel was unchambered... never reamed for a chamber.. WOW... B2B
    Last edited by Bolt2bounce; 05-13-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.