Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DSA barrels who make m?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak DSA barrels who make m?

i wonder who makes DSA's barrels? anybody got the straight dope on them?

last i heard was TC was making the nitride coated barrels. very good ones by the way--

over at that mall-ninja/ mall rat place someone mentioned that mossberg is making the 1-9" parked barrels.

this may be correct as i was wondering why there going for $110 with FSB and other parts when a stripped barrel elsewhere goes for $99. a barrel assembled with fsb and all often goes for $150.

this is also why some m4 top halfs are far cheaper than another @ DSA as the cheap ones have the mossie 4140 barrels. DSA is selling off the old stock--

i have heard that mossie makes the barrels that Hess/ak parts sells. except they toss in a few rejects every so often.

now DSA's 4150 1-7" barrels that are chrome lined have not been mentioned .

i have a few WAG's. i think with the 4150 1-7 barrels there ain't many making them and the few that do are known to make good ones. so it don't matter .

any ideas on who is making DSA's 4150 steel barrels--

yea a while back they made some 300B kits--

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I'll start out by saying up front. I have no clue.

Now I will add my $0.02.

I have several DSA supplied barrels. I have zero issues with those. At my level in the game, I could care less who does what to whom. At the end of the game, my DSA products require little or no fussing around.

I apologize that I can not contribute to the question that began this thread, bu I thought that I might add my experience to the mix....

DSA is a very high quality vendor, with good prices and excellent customer service.

I recommend them to anyone, without reservations.

Not trying to derail the original thread. If anyone has had issues with DSA, especially since June 2011, I would like to know. That is the last time I ordered from them, and had no issues. Some AK parts, trigger group kind of stuff (AR), and some misc FAL bits. All very good, and all nearly drop-in.

Again, just my $0.02....

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

i have suspected for some time that DSA has some sort of relationship with LMT.

i was invited to see some of LMT's M4s and M-16a2s torture tested early this century.

anyways they were buried in the dirt after firing 1,000 rounds dug up fired for another 1,000 rounds , tossed in the water red hot , then fired another 1,000 rounds and so on for 6,000 rounds and only cleaned once IIRC. i didn't see one even hiccup--

i was amazed to see they had DSA lowers on um.

i sort of suspect that DSA's 4150 1-7" CL barrels MAY be LMT units that are not MPI proofed & blessed by the virgin mall-ninjas-- and so on.

they could also be made in house or made from GM or other supplier of 4150 blanks /stripped barrels.

for the price it don't matter. only mall-ninjas loose sleep at night on stupid shit like taper pins or if their shooters are parked UNDER the FSB--

since there are only a few makers of 4150 CV steel blanks the odds of it being from a well-known barrel maker are very good --i am a betting--LOL

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i see that DSA now has

"made by DSA, all USA parts " on their site on all their barrels.

i wouldn't doubt that some of grants ass kissers go around spreading shit about DSA's stuff just to help sell their overpriced stuff.

the whole "the DSA sales rep said mossburg made the barrels " sounds real fishy to me.

FWIW--i have never owned a DSA made gun or bought a DSA made upper. i have bought many DSA made parts. the parts seem as good as any out there regardless of price. i have seen and shot a few DSA made rifles and carbines best i could tell they worked as well as any.

i wouldn't doubt a bunch of DSA made parts end up IN the very mall-ninja guns the ar-15/m4 ass clowns worship and they don't even know it--LOL!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

I've been told that the DSA barrels are made in a place called
    Misfit Iron & Metal CO of China.
    This is only a story I hard in a bar in Iran, by a Texan.
    Your in my Mind, and in my Sights

Feedback Score

I also heard that Mossberg made there barrels, but I think thats a rumor that someone started over at AR 15.com I bought one of there black Friday uppers M 4's complete minus bolt & charging handle for $260.00 - It's been a winner so far. Great costumer service and good people to deal with.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and goverment, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
    I also heard that Mossberg made there barrels, but I think thats a rumor that someone started over at AR 15.com I bought one of there black Friday uppers M 4's complete minus bolt & charging handle for $260.00 - It's been a winner so far. Great costumer service and good people to deal with.

they got an even cheaper one for $240. like bellson said it don't make a damn--for the $ there a steal. i think the older ones go for less till their sold out--

i got a cheap-o citadel a bought on sale last year for $99 shipped. i know it is about as cheap as you can go for a 7.62x39 ar-15 barrel , i've been shooting the shit out of it and so far it is well worth it. i don't fret about barrel steel much on any AR-15 in the USA.

now an imported barrel might be a horse of another color--LOL

m4-carbine is the one spreading all the BS on DSA-- i think.

they hate DSA and armalite cause they mostly sell middies mostly. and G&R don't get the mark-up!

you ever notice some places on the net down talk everything EXCEPT what THEY sell?

that should be a red flag as far as reliable info in concerned.

as far as confused TX cowboys in a bar in iran goes i hope they wern't as confused as the hardy boys at the prom?--i am scared to ask as that might violate "'don't ask don't tell"!-- and I damn sure don't need to know--LOL!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

From what I've heard/seen over on M4 someone called and asked and was told there made by Mossberg.

For what it's worth, I had a 11.5" DSA barrel that was stamped w/ a "star" inside the receiver extension. All of LMT's barrels are stamped the same.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

Quote Originally Posted by logan09 View Post
    From what I've heard/seen over on M4 someone called and asked and was told there made by Mossberg.

For what it's worth, I had a 11.5" DSA barrel that was stamped w/ a "star" inside the receiver extension. All of LMT's barrels are stamped the same.

i'll take a close look when my DSA barrel comes in. i have a LMT barrel to directly compare it to so we'll see how they close they compare.

Feedback Score

Badger Barrels makes barrel from 4150. Back when Century was using US-made FAL barrel Badger made some of their barrels. At that time the DS Arms barrels were made of 4140. Badger doesn't use any 4140 and had an exclusive contract with Century and would not make FAL barrels for anybody else. I had an early DS Arms shorty barrel of 4140 with plastic handguards and the handguards melted. Since Badger quit making barrels for Century DS Arms has made their barrels of 4150. I think I was told that Badger started making the DS Arms barrels after their exclusive FAL barrel contract ended with Century. DS Arms has also since upgraded the shorty handguards to take the heat.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

ds arms barrels
ds arms barrels any good

dsa arms barrels

dsa badger barrel
dsa rifle made in 2006
dsarms barrels nitrided
how are dsa barrels made
who makes ds arms barrels
who makes dsa ar 15 barrels
who makes dsa ar barrels

who makes dsa arms rifles

who makes dsa barrels

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.