Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: how cheap can you go?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

bellson.. Good tips thank you.

twa.. Hose clamp. Well I will be hog tied. I never thought of that.
    Dang blasted good thinking.
    When these things blow up in your face, hot molten metal could take a damn eye out.
    Yep. Hardware store tomorrow.
    I am putting 4 hose clamps on every AR I own.
    Saftey first.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

You're killing me!!!!!
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

he is trying some JB weld , now that he can see out of that good eye,-

-it says right on the box 'it can FIX ANYTHING right?!

note to all involved (seriously)

due to the lawsuit i can't say WHO shipped this one.

i can say that DSA, JSE, Del-ton, and DPMS did not make, assemble or sell any of the parts involved in this "ka-boom". it is NOT one of the high $$$$ mall-ninja uppers either.

this upper came from a very low $ vender that states "no seconds" on its website.

i have heard from a reliable and experienced AR-15 hobbyist --but haven't actually handled witnessed with my own two eyes that this "retailer" ships about two bad heat treat carriers out of 10. not to mention other parts with spotty heat treatment .

you can take that for what it is worth-- just my $0.02--

hey on the bright side if you have this brand that is only 20% chance of 'boom"! see nothing to worry about!!!--

all i can say is don't use suspect carriers folks!

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

j427x, Have you suggested that he uses magic putty? Or is that not available anymore since Billy Mays had his grabber? Will we be seeing another name change for this company soon.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    j427x, Have you suggested that he uses magic putty? Or is that not available anymore since Billy Mays had his grabber? Will we be seeing another name change for this company soon.

i figure the court will ORDER this AR-15 maker to DUMP all their parts in the dumpster.

sort of like back in the day when all those SUV tires were bad--they were supposed to have a 1" hole drilled through um--but they started turning up everywhere anyway.

we will probably see a new online only company selling "special forces" ar-15 stuff.

i hear duct-tape does wonders!--LOL!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

i think these are the source of the bad parts from a few years back .

the problem is bad AR-15 parts are sort of like a bad penny. they just keep turning up.

some dumpster diver got all the re-called parts and sold them cheap to this unfortunate assembler. add in bad chamber with incorrect head-space into the mix--

run for it boys! she is gonna BLOW!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'd sure like to know who the original manufacturer of those carriers was (I understand you can't say). The last one sure like like it has the colt "C" on it, but they get parts from suppliers also. This past tuesday I got a call from a company to tell me that the ar15 barrel extensions I had ordered would not be in my package. The company said that they were sending a complete lot of barrel extensions back to their supplier because they were made wrong (can't remember the exact wording he said). They apoligized profusely for the inconvience, I told them not to worry about it. I'd just rather wait a few days for a correctly made part than have an upper come appart on me like the ones in the pic. Thats the manufacturer catching the bad parts and not the supplier that made them and had them pass their QC tests.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    I'd sure like to know who the original manufacturer of those carriers was (I understand you can't say). The last one sure like like it has the colt "C" on it, but they get parts from suppliers also.

well they started out as "outsourced' colts. there was a few disasters like the ones pictured. they got recalled. all the bad carriers got pulled and replaced with good ones.

the bad carriers were supposed to be melted down in scrap metal.

somebody rescued the bad carriers from their doom and they sat around for a few years, then they finally turn up at this vendor where he mixes them in with some other 'good" ones. which then get sold with uppers willy-nilly!

so now their floating around in a few uppers. even the bad ones may not ALL be bad. i figure the whole lot got the AX which included a bunch of good carriers and a few bad ones.

i wish i knew the exact rate of bad ones. the 20% we dreamed up is just a WAG. it might be less than that or worse cause we don't know what other scrap parts these boobs mixed them in with--

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I will just ask: Are there any identifying markings on the carrier that I can check against mine?

To me, the non-description says Model-1 or Blackthorn. In my experience, they are the two who amalgamate parts from every source together into kits at "best" prices. I have had issues from both, but nothing that serious. Mostly trigger group issues that were easy to identify and fix, and one egged out chamber that took 500+ rounds to really manifest itself...That one sucked....We were working up recipes at that time as well...Really screwed us up...Lots of torn up cases, lots of cracked cases, and lots of cursing...
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Question j4..

I am still trying too figure what is wrong with the picture of the gun you put up.
    Looks like it should shoot fine.
    Just rip that piece of metal off hanging there. Then spray paint it black.
    Probably run a lot cooler too.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.