Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: how cheap can you go?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

Quote Originally Posted by bellson View Post
    I will just ask: Are there any identifying markings on the carrier that I can check against mine?

To me, the non-description says Model-1 or Blackthorn. In my experience, they are the two who amalgamate parts from every source together into kits at "best" prices. I have had issues from both, but nothing that serious. Mostly trigger group issues that were easy to identify and fix, and one egged out chamber that took 500+ rounds to really manifest itself...That one sucked....We were working up recipes at that time as well...Really screwed us up...Lots of torn up cases, lots of cracked cases, and lots of cursing...

your in the ballpark--- think special forces --with a crossman 1911 bb pistol-- think three day return policy!

the same fine smiths that built all those warped FAL's & a few years ago--

as for who made the carriers --nobody knows other than they were made back when colt was experimenting with outsourcing at around the time of the 08 obama gun rush.

the carrier is overly thin where the split is and the metal is overly hard -- the wrong steel and the wrong heat-treat probably. hell it could even be an import??? i thought all those import china steel carriers got trashed back in the clinton era???

the upper has other problems as the chamber looks --borked.

i talked to this kid the other day he said their offering him a new upper --even though his three days has expired! how generous!

i told him to ask for some free bandages to boot--

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    I am still trying too figure what is wrong with the picture of the gun you put up.
    Looks like it should shoot fine.
    Just rip that piece of metal off hanging there. Then spray paint it black.
    Probably run a lot cooler too.

my auto-parts buddie says put the bondo to it---spray some acrylic enamel over it and no-body will ever know---

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Angry O.K. j4

Looks like one of those cheap uppers you told me about, from Model 1 sales.
    - Do you have a good lawyer?
    - Have you ever studied Karate or Kung fooie?
    - Do you own a dog who bites strangers?
    - Can you still walk too your mail box without being out of breath?
    - I have a rough idea where you live and I know a guy in the Mafia.

I am really trying too get a round count, before these things blow up.
    My old lady loves shooting.
    Yup off too the range with a case of ammo.
    "Here honey, shoot this one, you will love it."
    "Oh my God what happened? Stay calm, I am calling an ambulance."
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

the same fine smiths that built all those warped FAL's & a few years ago--
    HMMMMMM I see a clue that has a answer in another thread. I know I know can you guys figure it out

One of the reasons im not a AR fan. The research and work to know who makes what and what is good and what is junk and what to use or not to use is exhausting all for a gun IMO is not that good to begin with. I know there are guys who know all the ins and outs and can doa quality home assemble but even then they some times get screwed. At a recent show there was table after table of AR parts and it made my head spin as to what was what and all that.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I bet the company name starts with a H or a V and those two companys are by the same scam artist who needs to be run out of the gun bussiness.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    I bet the company name starts with a H or a V and those two companys are by the same scam artist who needs to be run out of the gun bussiness.

it ain't the AR. when ya make a firearm from scrap parts that ain't heat treated properly the same thing happens in AKs or FALs.

it is bad for the AR/m16 as the design gets the blame when it is a material/workmanship problem.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking

Were getting close biggun.. We will crack this case yet.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Maybe Hes??? or vul??????

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile Ah Haaaaaaaa

Maybe Hes??? or vul??????
    You called a friend..

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

have a light beer-- on my tab! LOL!

i am wondering when this "special forces' company is going to start making AK's? they have screwed the FN-FALs , they screwed the AR-15 kits all to hell. there ain't many military type of firearms left to bork except the AK's and their selling AK parts now? --LOL! they even named the joint after them--LOL

i don't know if ALL their parts and kits are bad. there has to be some good kits as they have been on the market for some years now even with the name change every month it is too easy to connect the dots. it is the ratio of bad/trash/scrap that i am trying to get a grip on.

i think my pals WAG of close to 20% is pretty close. the bad thing is that some discover this the hard way. probably the disaster prone some what less than the stated 20%.

20% defective being correct the disaster waiting to happen is probably in the single digits.

that said i think i'll gladly pay that extra $50-$100 and avoid that single digit of "total fail" that might land me in the ER--

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.