Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Yo my Bro j4...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile Yo my Bro j4...

O.K.. I am going too attempt the impossibe and build an AR...
    I have the building tool, most expensive one, guess that is what you guys use?
    Hammer, punch, duct tape, blood pressure meds.
    No I am not going too set the world record, which I hold, for the AK toss.
    These things are too expensive.
    The Russian AK kit is still in the canal, if anyone has scuba gear.
    O.K.. Barell, upper receiver bolt thing a dinga.
    I have some lowers all built.
    I have enough shorties. Want a full size one.
    Whats out there?
    Are you still talking too me?
    Help.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

hell 4th there is tons of AR-15 goodies on the market-- what are ya wanting to assemble?

for tools i like the channel-locks and electrical tape, a small hammer and a cheap barrel wrench , don't forget the 30 pack and the pork rinds!

PS 4th are you wanting to build a 20" rifle or a 16" carbine or middy? tons of uppers at DSA/JSE and PSA or do you want to build an upper?

humm-- now 4th we know you got those shorties so you got the paper so adding a 14.5" M4 wouldn't cost $$ would it?

DSA has a very nice 14.5" m4 upper out. i built one of these and it has jumped to the top of my fun to shoot list. i had to pin and solder a longer than normal FH to get the correct 16"+ length. you shouldn't have to put up with such BS cause you got the stamp --i am a thinking.

this is 100% ninja now at a real-world price--LOL!

DSA ZM4 Forged 7075T6 A3 AR15 Upper Receiver 14.5" - DSZM4CBU14-D S Arms
    Last edited by j427x; 02-14-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

4th I'm goin the other route, gonna build me a shorty just for fun. DSA, Del-Ton,DPMS wont break the bank. Got a extra Bushmaster A2 upper to build mine on. Are u lookin to build a 16 or 20"? j427x, in ur experiance which lower matches up tight on Bushie uppers? The DSA flat top I put on my bushie is a tiny bit loose,is it just luck of the draw? 4th please forgive me for jackin yor thread but this computer at work wont let me start new threads so I just jump in where I can.Can start new ones at home computer.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    4th I'm goin the other route, gonna build me a shorty just for fun. DSA, Del-Ton,DPMS wont break the bank. Got a extra Bushmaster A2 upper to build mine on. Are u lookin to build a 16 or 20"? j427x, in ur experiance which lower matches up tight on Bushie uppers? The DSA flat top I put on my bushie is a tiny bit loose,is it just luck of the draw? 4th please forgive me for jackin yor thread but this computer at work wont let me start new threads so I just jump in where I can.Can start new ones at home computer.
    yea i got mostly DSA made uppers and even their upper on their lower seems a tiny bit looser than the DPMS/LAR/doublestar's and so on on my racks. the colts a1's and 2's fit tight on some and loose on other lowers.

personally if it shoots well i wouldn't lose a bit of sleep over it being a tiny bit loose.

the tightest lowers i know of are the TNW billet and the cav-arms polymer. and there not generally on the market much anymore.

i figure even a bushmaster lower might be a bit loose on a bushmaster upper depending on what each batch of the week looks like.

if it ain't broke--don't go a fixing it!--LOL!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Not too worry mtdew..
    I am thinking about building. But like j4 is showing, their is so many deals out there, I wonder if it is worth it?
    I want too invest now. As come election time, I really think we are going too see this stuff flying off the shelf.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

I got a green mountain 20" chrome lined 1:7 bbl for $150, low pro gas block for $20, and caught a clearance deal from bravo company on a full length free float HG for $150. Upper for $60, bought a chrome BCG from Evil Black rifle girls for $125, threw everything on a DelTon lower. Still waiting for a nice buttstock, right now i have a cheap-o UTG M4 stock, just because its all i have at the moment. But Im looking to put the hubble telescope on top, a bipod on the HG, and paint the whole sucker the same color as my backyard.

Lots of deals all over the web. Ive always done better going piece by piece myself. Good luck!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i like to piece meal my builds as well. i sometimes save money--sometimes i don't. i do get the parts i like and my builds run very well to boot.

yea 4th

that green mountain 20" a2 barrrel is sweet they got a 1-8" version as well. i would have went with one for my retro-slick-side forgery but i had all ready ordered the del-ton 1-9" 20 LW. that seems to be a hell of a barrel and looks correct even if it has no chrome--.

hey 4th you ever consider doing a 20" A1 retro? yea i know a lot of you nam vets rather grab a cobra by the tail--LOL

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

DSAZM4 A3 Upper Rcr With 16" Barrel *PARKED* M4-DSZM4CBUPARK-D S Arms

this is sort of a low cost solution with a plain parked 16" 4140 1-9 mossy blank barrel with no chrome for $240

it is probably a good upper if your not a real ninja like myself and just have to have the 14.5" 1-7" mall ninja special chrome lined for that extra $60--LOL then ya got to pin weld that $20 flash hider to be legal so it is actually $80 more.

to give you an idea that $240 bare upper was selling for more than the chrome lined ones are now. you can say the "obama rush" is over --killed by the recession--

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up Good tips guys thank you too much..

Damn the DSA looks good at that price..
    No I dont want that origonal M-16. Whatever the hell they gave us?
    Too many bad memories with that.
    It worked fine though.
    Damn I still wish I mailed one home.
    I either would have been in Leavenworth, or have a nice full auto registered M-16.
    The mail stuff home was great, early on. Lot of guys were doing it.
    Then idiots started mailing home things that went boom and the P.O. cracked down.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

DSA has still got the plain jane 16" barrel for $110 the better grade steel 1=7" chrome 14"&16" run $150 -- i think these are the best buy even if a little more bread. ya can't beat chrome lining for $40 these days.

over at PSA they do a lot of mid-length uppers. i did a Del-ton mid-length a few years ago.

if you want to go the "not military standard issue" route then middie is very nice smooth shooter in the 16" versions. PSA makes very good stuff to boot FN makes their barrels and BCGs.

i would not get the 14.7" mid-length. many mall-ninjas think the 14.7" middy is the greatest.

i thought the entire idea of the mid-length gas systems was to get the dwell time correct with the 16" barrel. so a m4 length middie sounds like a bad idea to me, even though there are many 14.7" middie carbines that run fine that are off the chart on the dwell-time problem. since the 14.5" runs so well in the m4/car i just don't see the 'why"--

the 16" carbine CAR/m4 is generally thought to be over dwelled and over gassed. this don't hurt as much as it sounds--LOL

ammo drastically effects the amount of dwell and all russian ammo is not standard on the gas map so a little bit of over-gas is helpful in some situations.

since you got the super shortie 7" to run i think that pretty much covers the field of ar gas systems. there is quite a bit of slack in the Ar's DI system it can be way out of the engineers gas pressure chart and still run--

i digress--

where is my coffee--???--LOL!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.