Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Finished my 308

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Thanks for the heads up. I heard the bridge was taken out by a concrete truck, but I thought they would have it fixed by now. That old truss bridge made me nervous to walk across it....I definitely wouldn't take a loaded concrete truck across it.

Feedback Score

I still haven't made it to the machine gun shoot yet. I absolutely hate crowded places. I want to brave it sometime when I can stay for the night shoot though.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default 555th...

Quote Originally Posted by 555th View Post
    Thanks 4th...as far as the noise goes, I just sent the form 4 for my AAC can. It will tame it down a bit.

I know it's early.......but.........
    ......Knob Creek in April??? Looks like Bluejack, BigAl and I will be going.
    I dont think you guys are going in April. Knob Creek is canceled.
    The bridge is out.
    http://www.gunco.net/forums/f113/kno...elled-65380/?=
    If you guys go, you will be the only ones there.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Well at least if your the only ones there, no one will give ya a hard time about that excessivly larger cooler!!!! Just bring your jon boat. And ya got the range to you're selves too!!!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Whoops...

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    Well at least if your the only ones there, no one will give ya a hard time about that excessivly larger cooler!!!! Just bring your jon boat. And ya got the range to you're selves too!!!
    Sorry. Missed withers post.
    That would be funny. Show up..
    Where the hell is everybody?
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Default Very Nice set up!

Hi 555th,
    Very nice set up. Mine is somewhat similar. What optics are you running on her? Right now I am running a Nikon extreme long range scope but I just purchased a Leatherwood 2.5-10 x 44 Camputer ART M-1000 to try out. Should help we with any ranging issues, that is as soon as I learn how to use it. At first glance the thing looks pretty complicated. Anybody have one or ever use one in the service? Any tips are appreciated.

Here are the specs on my build:
    Fulton Armory Upper w/ 18.5" Krieger match barrel (1/10 twist) on a CMMG MK-8 (.308) Lower that accepts G3 mags. Easy sub 3/4" MOA with good ammo. Also has a Magpul m93b stock loaded up with all the goodies and an AAC blackout.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by will6970 View Post
    Hi 555th,
    Very nice set up. Mine is somewhat similar. What optics are you running on her? Right now I am running a Nikon extreme long range scope but I just purchased a Leatherwood 2.5-10 x 44 Camputer ART M-1000 to try out. Should help we with any ranging issues, that is as soon as I learn how to use it. At first glance the thing looks pretty complicated. Anybody have one or ever use one in the service? Any tips are appreciated.

Here are the specs on my build:
    Fulton Armory Upper w/ 18.5" Krieger match barrel (1/10 twist) on a CMMG MK-8 (.308) Lower that accepts G3 mags. Easy sub 3/4" MOA with good ammo. Also has a Magpul m93b stock loaded up with all the goodies and an AAC blackout.

Hi Will,

I used the ART II back in the day when it was "Semi-Issued". On an M-14, it was the bee's knee's out to 700 yards. I still can not shot any other rifle or scope system as well as I shot that system. Keep in mind, that was 27 years ago......Age is a bitch in this regard. Both in reality, and the rosey glasses of remembrance. My understanding of the current commercial Leatherwood optics is that they are quite acceptable. But the last time I looked, there are many other options available for the price. With my eyes today, I am pretty sold on the Vortex brand now that I have actually used one. Very nice. If $$$ is no object, then the US Optics brand is the real choice. However, given the rifle that I see; I think that Vortex is about as pricey as I would go. If it were a bolt gun, and really good, I would go US Optics.

JRS and I keep going back and forth on this "discussion" in regard to our Mausers. They are really, really good rifles and need better optics to bring out their potential at 1000 meters. It is hard to buy the Vortex after you use the US Optics products.

My personal ranking is:

Leatherwood: Perfectly acceptable.

Vortex: A definite step up.

US Optics: About as good as it gets.

There are others of course. I am only mentioning those that I have spent some time behind. Other opinions are welcome. If anybody has experience with the Millett TRS series, I want to hear about it....

Regards
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Nice rifle will!! I love that lower. Does it feed well from the G3 mags?

The scope that's on it now is a Konus. It does OK. I had a Vortex Viper PST ready to go on it, but sold the scope to Bluejack to free up some cash for Knob Creek.....duhhh

I have 3 Vortex scopes on other rifles and love them. The 308 AR will definitely be getting one.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 555th View Post
    Nice rifle will!! I love that lower. Does it feed well from the G3 mags?

The scope that's on it now is a Konus. It does OK. I had a Vortex Viper PST ready to go on it, but sold the scope to Bluejack to free up some cash for Knob Creek.....duhhh

I have 3 Vortex scopes on other rifles and love them. The 308 AR will definitely be getting one.
    Hey 555th,
    Thanks for the compliment. Yes it feeds flawlessly so far with both aluminum and steel G3 Magazines. I have used German Surplus, Paki surplus as well as Hornady and my own custom reloads, about 400 rounds in total so far, with no FTF, FTF, FTEs what so ever. I have never used a Vortex scope, just their Strike Fire and Sparc. What do you like about the Viper PST? I am open to suggestions when it comes to optics, as there is just so much out there.
    will6970

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by will6970 View Post
    Hey 555th,
    Thanks for the compliment. Yes it feeds flawlessly so far with both aluminum and steel G3 Magazines. I have used German Surplus, Paki surplus as well as Hornady and my own custom reloads, about 400 rounds in total so far, with no FTF, FTF, FTEs what so ever. I have never used a Vortex scope, just their Strike Fire and Sparc. What do you like about the Viper PST? I am open to suggestions when it comes to optics, as there is just so much out there.
    will6970

I think the Viper PST is the best scope for the money spent. Here's my PST on top of my Savage....great glass!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.