Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever bought a AR kit from these guys?

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Default Anyone ever bought a AR kit from these guys?

Kit looks like a well made USA kit for a good price. Any reveiws on this company?

1911A1 .45 Pistol Parts : AK Parts kits, Superb Products
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

good question.

i am tempted myself even though i doubt they are USA made. they look an awful lot like the ones SARCO sells and they are PI.

don't matter all that much where they came from.

what does matter is that there 'good" ones with out some horrible flaw that is going to send shrapnel to your face!

it might be worth a shot. they got one review where some guy put one on a essex frame. that don't carry much weight with me either.

somebody should try one so we all know--

on their ar stuff some love them and some hate them.

i generally avoid anything AR-15 related to this company in any of its various names. i have seen a couple of very off spec uppers that came from them. i figure not all their stuff could be that far off and they still be in the biz. i just don't like going to the races with something that can blow up in my face if it ain't correctly made.

these 1911 parts could be OK. if there like everything "hesse" some of them are probably good, some are probably workable and some are --well you get the idea.

others have bought AK and other rifle stuff from them and so far everyone seems happy enough so maybe these 1911 parts will be like their AK stuff--

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I haven't, but there are a lot of reviews in this and other forums. Almost all them said that their AR parts kits were junk and their customer service was pretty bad. They charge a flat $30 per kit shipping, which sounds kind of steep, and they do a horrible job with their packaging. I ordered a Yugo Krink kit from them and they just threw it all in the box, no protection for the wood handguards or between the other parts.

Feedback Score

I haven't, but the reviews I've read say there good quality. With maybe some exception to the fitting of the small parts, which maybe made oversea's, I know the uppers are made to spec's.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

http://www.gunco.net/forums/f262/how...-you-go-65426/

well if blowing up is in spec they got it in spec all righty.

their motto could be "we blow more AR shit than any other in spec assembler!"

now i know that they have sold hundreds & possibly thousands of assembled uppers and they ain't ALL K-boomed.

but when a kid calls on the cell and asks what kind of hammer he needs to get one in or out of battery that is a bad mark in my little-black book--

some of these are getting good parts and others get some bad parts and some get terrible parts the odds of getting the 'terrible" shit are pretty low like 1-1000 maybe.

it is like selling cars where one of every so many has the brakes fail @ 85mph but hey the odds are only 1-1000!

now if a salesman told you sure save $50! but this car should be recalled --but hey $50 is $50! LOL!

i won't even test fire one less it is on a mechanical bench and i was standing some distance away, from what i have seen lately--but that is just me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Blackthorne....That's all I need to say.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

back to the 1911 slide @ $99 is very tempting cause a name brand slide is like x3 the price in stainless.

could be worth the risk if one takes his time and knows what to look for--

just my $.02

Feedback Score

I have one assembled AR carbine of theirs.Been fine.Parts not all mil-spec but still shoots with the 1200 buck guns.
    88hits

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Hi Gunco,

I have done business with them numerous times. For the most part, the stuff they sell is exactly as advertised. A word to the wise, and I am skipping a bit here knowing who I am addressing:

When you get your stuff from them, INSPECT IT! If it does not look right, get it replaced immediately!!!

I have had THREE issues with them:

1. (The most serious). A Heavy Barrel AR-15 Carbine kit had a slightly egged out chamber that was just barely in spec headspace wise. Did not return it, and the barrel ended up having to be replaced within about 2000 rounds. This was my fault, and I should know better. The unfortunate result is that my buddy (JRS on this board) ended up having to spend another $200 on the repair, and god only knows how many hours checking and rechecking his work on the re-loading bench... I will make it right with him someday.

2. A slightly out of spec trigger. Again, I should have flagged it and returned it.

3. A bad Heavy Barrel Varmint kit that was missing the alignment pin in the barrel....That one I caught and returned. No issues, no questions asked. It was "Please fill out this form on the web site"....8 days later, a brand new upper, with bolt, charging handle, and carrier. I dusted the ones that I returned with a phosphor powder that does not come off without extreme effort. The replacement had no traces at all of that powder...

I have ordered a lot of stuff from them. I know who they are, and I know the history, and I get all of that. My experience with them is that they are not quite as good as DSA or Del-Ton. But they are a whole lot better than Model 1....

I can not fault their products, and I can not fault their customer service. Neither are tip-top stellar. But, I will continue to do business with them.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Gunco View Post
    Kit looks like a well made USA kit for a good price. Any reveiws on this company?

1911A1 .45 Pistol Parts : AK Parts kits, Superb Products
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    back to the 1911 slide @ $99 is very tempting cause a name brand slide is like x3 the price in stainless.

could be worth the risk if one takes his time and knows what to look for--

just my $.02

STRONGLY AGREE!!!!! See my previous post....
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.