Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Korean Copy of the Beta Drum Mag- Anyone Try Them?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Well I went ahead and got one at the show. $129.00. I've never seen a real Beta mag up close, so I don't really know what they've done to cut corners. Basically a range/fun mag. I certainly wouldn't want to stake my life on it, especially the plastic. That being said, it seems to be ok. Checked it over and the fit and finish is not bad. Feed tower feels a bit flimsy when loaded, so I probably wouldnt leave it that way. Loaded smooth and hand cycles fine. Can't wait to hit the range. For my purposes, as long as it passes the range test, then it will be what I want. A range toy, that cost half the price of the real thing. YMMV.
    Let us know how she runs 2ndAmendican...
    Some mixed reviews when I researched it.
    One guy said the spring was not as strong as the higher priced one.
    But hell, every one worked fine.
    Now I want one or two or three for my shorties.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Let us know how she runs 2ndAmendican...
    Some mixed reviews when I researched it.
    One guy said the spring was not as strong as the higher priced one.
    But hell, every one worked fine.
    Now I want one or two or three for my shorties.
    This is what I have understood about them as well. My brother said they are really only "90-rounders".
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Yeah, just to be on the safe side, I only loaded 80 rounds to start. Will work up from there.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile Well hell.. 2nd...

Yeah, just to be on the safe side, I only loaded 80 rounds to start. Will work up from there.
    You making us wait till the 4th of July..
    I have my debit card, a full charged cell phone, and ready too roll.
    Squeeze that trigger.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

LOl. Sorry 4th. It'll be at least the weekend before I can test it. Probably Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately I have to work my @$$ off so that the Obama supporters can sit on theirs and watch Oprah reruns.

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking

LOl. Sorry 4th. It'll be at least the weekend before I can test it. Probably Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately I have to work my @$$ off so that the Obama supporters can sit on theirs and watch Oprah reruns.
    Good Man..
    Ah hell. Come on down here. We will shoot if off the porch..
    When the L.O.s show up.
    "We told them damn kids too stop shooting. Little damn rug rats."
    Don"t forget us.. Thanks Bro. 4th. From the swamps..

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

there are several differing trains of thought on building firearms and mag's.

one is everything has to be big name big $$ = quality and reliability.

the other is build it as cheap as possible and hope for the best.

solution # 1 gives predictable results and is overly costly.

solution #2 is obviously going to be less expensive yet does not give as good end results.

the best course is build or buy as good a quality as possible and still stay in the realm of known good parts and mags. (and ammo)

if you bottom feed too much you may have more work and headakes and end up spending more to fix the cheap parts, negating savings--

if you over build with name products/parts your going to spend more $$, possibly more than needed if you go too far with the name brand thing.

this is true with the ar-15/m16, the AK series and really-really true for the 1911.

i know a guy that built a 1911 on a sarco kit with an essex frame, after a year and a half of it half running he has just about replaced every part except the frame, and he has recently decided the frame must be off angle in the feed ramp.

now if this guy had been lucky he would have got a good frame and a good slide and parts kit --yet no joy on it.

--i digress--but the moral of the story is get decent quality in spec parts. they don't have to be high $$. they just have to fit and work as designed.

far too often cheap bottom feeder venders sprinkle in a few out of speck parts in with the nearly in spec parts.

if you get too many all most in spec parts along with a few slightly out of spec parts the end result will be all those little bit offs will stack up.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Yeah j4

I found that with the 1911 mags...
    Damn cheap ones were jamming in my 1911...
    I bought "Chip McCormick" mags, I think they are.
    Seem too be quality built, their working fine.
    Took the other ones, spent a bit smashing them with a hammer. Flat as a damn pancake.
    Put em in a box and sent them back too where I bought them.
    "This cheap crap I bought from you guys just aint working. Can you please fix them and mail them back, thank you."
    Never did hear from them.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile Well..

What happened 2nd.. Is it a buy?
    I have been sitting here with my debit card watching this thread, since it was started...
    Waiting for your reply..
    I have not eaten, drank. well a few beers.
    Did you try it? Does it work?

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Sorry 4th, I still haven't made it out to the range. Between work and my wifes rheumatoid arthritis I haven't had time to wipe my a$$. I promise that as soon as I try it, you'll be the first to get the report.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.