Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Frontier Armory Composite Lower Receceiver

Feedback Score

Default Frontier Armory Composite Lower Receceiver

I just wanted to know if anyone has this lower receiver or has seen any reviews about it. I'm looking for pros and cons for the composite vs Aluminum. I know the complete lower from New Frontier is $99 and I've seen their stress tests but I haven't found many reviews. Thanks for your help.

jrs
    Feedback Score

Might want to take a look at this thread from last week or so.

http://www.gunco.net/forums/f113/why...plastic-66483/

And welcome to GunCo
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score

Thanks for the welcome and link to the thread! It looks to me that the one fella REALLY didn't like anything plastic! LOL I'm still curious about composite AR Lowers. I know Glock has done very well with their composites. Just curious as I'm looking to start building my AR from the ground up and don't want to spend too much at first. Any good dealers or sites for AR parts is greatly appreciated. Thanks again for the welcome.

jrs
    Feedback Score

I have a couple of the Vulcan composite receivers, same ones as Bellson. We've both put several thousand rounds thru them with no issues. Just as a BTW - Bushmaster is the manufacturer of the Vulcan composites.

There was also a reference to someone selling a composite lower at a very good price. I can't remember the name or which thread it was in. Sorry.
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

welcome to the site
    yes there a two recent threads on thee lowers, sometimes its best to do a little research before posting

here we again

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

jrs, that really wasn't a good thread to link to
    Here's another that talks about composite lowers, it has good info so read through it.
    http://www.gunco.net/forums/f255/com...-lowers-66270/
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Thanks Coils...I appreciate the link. Sprat...I did a search before I posted. I searched Composite lowers and the company but neither showed any results. Don't just assume that I didn't researsh the posts. Thanks for your help.
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight , nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made so and kept so by the extertions of better men than himself.

JOHN STEWART MILL (1806-1873)

Feedback Score

Ok...I just hit the link and it WAS what I was searching for but when I ran it neither came up with hits...And now reading my post it is safe to assume that I can't spell either...long day. Thanks
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight , nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made so and kept so by the extertions of better men than himself.

JOHN STEWART MILL (1806-1873)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

plastic polymer ar-15 lowers come and go.

every few years a new polymer pops up on the market. they generally hang around a year or two then "poof" their gone. the same problems show up-- breaking around the pins and on that weak area where the stock attaches,

the only polymer lower i have seen that might have been worth a hoot was those made at cav-arms. at least they used a more durable plastic and reinforced those areas where the polymers often fail.

i know it is tempting cause there claim to be $100 lower than anybody else.

but really forged lowers often sell for $50-$60, lower parts kits often go for $50 and a adjustable stock goes for as little as $30.

and another little gem-- the LPK fire group is made of durable polymer--

my advice don't let the cheap price alone sway you. do a couple searches , check out some of the AR-15 boards, and decide for yourself.

i buy a lot of AR-15 stuff every year. the polymer/plastic lowers with their little plastic hammers and triggers is one of the things i am going to pass on.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

I think I read somewhere that J4 LOVES plastic guns and lawn mower wheels.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.