Gunco Forums banner

17 HMR AR

764 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DiabloII 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I've had one in the works for a couple years now. The build got stalled when we moved and I just haven't started on it again. The bolt is mostly done except for an extractor cut, and I have a barrel. I just need time and motivation to finish it. I should have less than $150 in the upper when it's done. I don't think they'll be many more of them since the ammo manufacturers say their 17hmr ammo isn't safe in semi autos.

Attachments

#5 ·
my buddies volquartsem works great with no issues. and will put 5 shots through a dime with out breaking the rim at 50 yards.

I see Hornady worked with Alxander on the project. Im doubting they would do this if they felt it was a unsafe idea. Id definitely want some feed back before a purchase.

If one guy starts selling any thing AR susecufly it seems that there are always copys and competition . with volquartsens selling for close to $2000 a $700 ar would be a nice alternitave if it shoots good. withthe 17 its all about accuracy and the ar will need to have it or they wont sell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.