Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rem9ington gets M4 contract

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak rem9ington gets M4 contract

Remington producing M4 carbines - UPI.com

looks like rem got a contract for 24K m4s for about $660 each.

well it could have been worse RUGER could have got the contract.LOL!

i sort of wish LMT had got it myself.

i hear the big "O" order them delivered with no firing pins as he didn't want a muslim or "brother" getting shot with um--LOL!

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I always thought the Remington AR's looked a little too much like the Bushmaster AR's with camo paint. Aren't they both owned by the same company?

Feedback Score

I thought the Remingtons where produced for them by DPMS which is owned also by the same company that owns Bushmaster
    Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, LIBERTY DECREASES."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i think some outfit that once produced chrylser auto parts in china now owns Remington, bushmaster and DPMS --like SERIOUS SRIOUS or some such shit?

now you know why i hate corporate owned--wall street backed outfits--

if the contractor gets in a financial bind who knows if they outsourced to china?

i can see some new GI, setting in his fox hole in his cheap china made uniform that is falling apart with a broken m4 carbine because some critical part was pot-metal--

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Akfite View Post
    I thought the Remingtons where produced for them by DPMS which is owned also by the same company that owns Bushmaster
    The R15's look like bushmasters and the R25's look like DPMS guns when held side by side not accounting for the cammo finish or barrel length differences. Remington bought bushmaster and the same company that owns (or did own) Remington owns DPMS and IIRC Marlin. So they're all in cahoots!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

can't be any worse than Colt and the junk they have been putting out for the last 20 years or so.

I'm no great fan of the AR but the BCM and LMT's that i have fired are very nice, reliable rifles and probably the only ones i would buy or want to use... especially in combat conditions. too bad one of them didn't get the contract.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by o.d. ak View Post
    can't be any worse than Colt and the junk they have been putting out for the last 20 years or so.

I'm no great fan of the AR but the BCM and LMT's that i have fired are very nice, reliable rifles and probably the only ones i would buy or want to use... especially in combat conditions. too bad one of them didn't get the contract.

LMT couldn't or wouldn't match $666 FOB they went for.

LMT should have got it but remington/cerbus- whatever is much-much BIGGER. i would guess that quite a bit of political grease was spread around certain people to make sure remington got the deal.

much of the time with DOD contracts it is all about WHO gets the money. what the dod is buying is totally secondary.

i would laugh--but it is sad in a way.

no reason remington can't make a good m4 for $666 IF they want to. i just hope they don't get the "save a nickle here and dime there itus-- as all wall-street banked firms do. PSA,DSA or del-ton could make a very good m4 for that.

my guess it they go over budget and cut corners as this whole deal is about PROFITS.

the entire m4 nomenclature was to make sure colt got the contract. otherwise it would have been m16-3 or some such bs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

From what I understand as soon as Cerberus created "Freedom Group" to own 2/3rds of the US gun industry they started closing the old plants and moving production to Remington's Ilion, NY location. In the case of Marlin, they fired all the old school employees who knew how to make a Marlin levergun work and turned it over to their CNC whizkids. Go to any forum with Marlin owners on it and most will not touch what they call a "Remlin" gun as they are cosmetically deficient and don't work. Used Marlin prices have climbed and "Marlin" has "temporarily suspended product delivery" until they can "get production levels ramped up to meet demand".

As far as Bushmaster goes, my Buddy bought one of their MForgery clones in a carbon fiber model. I didn't bother to find out what part was out of spec, but the rear takedown pin at full extension out the side was still engaged with the upper. We forced them apart and a good 1/8" or more of pin is sticking into the receiver opening. My best guess is they drilled the detent hole in the wrong spot.

I pity the poor grunt saddled with a "RemBush" M4.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

so I guess remington is going to stay in NY after all
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    From what I understand as soon as Cerberus created "Freedom Group" to own 2/3rds of the US gun industry they started closing the old plants and moving production to Remington's Ilion, NY location. In the case of Marlin, they fired all the old school employees who knew how to make a Marlin levergun work and turned it over to their CNC whizkids. Go to any forum with Marlin owners on it and most will not touch what they call a "Remlin" gun as they are cosmetically deficient and don't work. Used Marlin prices have climbed and "Marlin" has "temporarily suspended product delivery" until they can "get production levels ramped up to meet demand".

As far as Bushmaster goes, my Buddy bought one of their MForgery clones in a carbon fiber model. I didn't bother to find out what part was out of spec, but the rear takedown pin at full extension out the side was still engaged with the upper. We forced them apart and a good 1/8" or more of pin is sticking into the receiver opening. My best guess is they drilled the detent hole in the wrong spot.

I pity the poor grunt saddled with a "RemBush" M4.
    Cerberus--thats them. previously know for importing inferior auto parts from china and boxing them up and selling as known US brands!

many rem guns are now outsourced to various places throughout the world, all places known for bad steel, little or no heat treating , poor finish and inferior metal work. probably the same places their auto parts come from.

not exactly places with a tradition of firearms craftsmanship to say the least.

and the DOD is paying them top dollar too. too bad some privately owned place didn't get the job.

i bet some cushy congressman walks away with a bag of loot!

he'll probably give himself a pat on the back then go on a long vacation---

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.