Gunco Forums banner

the jr 45 carbine??

4K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  MUSIBIKE 
#1 ·
JR Carbine Products:wow:

anybody had a chance to shoot one of these?

they look sort of interesting. it would be interesting to have a carbine that used the same mags and your sidearm--

i just don't know if it is 6 bills interesting though--LOL:hatprop:

#31 ·
Im still buildin DI uppers in .45 for CNC lowers.......and they also run excellent on the new Cav Arms MKII with a magwell adaptor and grease gun mags.....but progress is being made on unmodified lowers as well....got a few surprises in the forseeable future.......this is a test of a proof of concept magwell adaptor and magazine from yesterday......not nearly ready for production and has a few features that aren't functional yet......but thought ya'll might like a peek...and the mag is available in 10, 15, and 20 round versions and has steel feed lips........seems to be a pretty well made mag.

MOV04778 - YouTube

#32 ·
I think a lot of pistol round ARs. SUPER GREAT performance and control for close range work. But, I am not doing any more builds from people selling all of these parts till we start to see some well working proven performance.

Back when I was a MOD on Weaponeer, there a few of these CNC metal milling experts who turned JUNK that did not work unless I spent redesign effort on it. The problem with that is we spent full pop on these parts.

Let's see some finished working units running first. Instead of us providing R&D money and effort for YOUR projects.

#33 ·
:) I don't recall asking anyone to fund my R&D projects.......and I was just sharing a proof of concept video that I stated was NOT ready for production. As far as I'm concerned the CNC AR45 with a DI upper is a proven platform ......my personal has over 17,000 rounds through it.......and I don't remember the last malfunction.....and I have over 3500though another .45 upper on a Cav MKII lower with a Hahn magwell adaptor with grease gun magazines, same result. I'm just exploring other options with the proof of concept shown above....it is an HK mag and seems to work exceptionally well.......only got 100 rounds through it so far with zero malfunctions....but not bad for a proof of concept thrown together with a couple of scraps of aluminum and a piece of keystock for the latch..... :) I missed a lot of drama at weaponeer fortunately......posted a little there as it was one of the first builders forums I found. Whenever I post a video of one of my builds....you'll notice it is always a full capacity magdump......not a 5 round proof of life......when I do go to full production, I might give ya a shout to try one out and get your input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.