Gunco Forums banner

wall-Smartz selling ar-15s!!

3K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  j427x 
#1 ·
i was at the local-loco wally-world monday back when the temp was around 106f in the shade--

and as i strolled by the firearms section where they hardly have even a lowly mini-- or 7400 there was a DPMS oracle ar-15 for $540 i think--WITH a 30RD MAG no less!:wow::wow::wow:

i am thinking what is next wally-world going to start selling AK clones??

hillary is going to have a stroke when she finds out!!!
on a side note they were fully stocked with ammo --even had 357sig--

prices the same as last year--except sales tax went up. i think my 100rd of 45jhps cost me an extra $5 in tax this year.

#2 ·
My local walleyworld has had them for a while. Not as cheap as that one though.

#3 ·
Yes j4, Wally World has been selling them around here for awhile also.
Remember it was just a few years back, Wally almost caved too the antis and stopped selling guns.
They must have smelled the money and told Sarah too kiss off.
I think the only damn thing is the store made in America are guns and they were going to dump them.
Sorry Sarah, you loose again.

#6 ·
well some of the firearms are american named but made for the most part elsewhere.

but the AR-15 are USA made due to the ban. i bet old slick willy didn't ever think that banning import AR-15 stuff actually helped the AR-15.

getting rid of those suspect import parts had done wonders for AR-15 sales--LOL!

yep buy american made buy an AR-15!

#9 ·
The guy in our local Wal-mart gun department told me the AR's have been selling extremely well lately. Last month they only stocked one AR and a couple days ago there were eleven! (Sig's, Colts, S&W's, etc.) It seems like Americans are starting to see AR's as high quality firearms - like they saw the Mausers after WWII. Every time I go to the range, I see AR15's. Pretty good feeling...

#12 ·
Hell I even saw a H&K there the other day when I was shopping,,,, it's about time,, that's all I got to say. They must of missed out on allot of sales by having Rosie as a spokes woman,,, I think,,, She is????? Not to sure,,,,

They took guns out of the local Wal-Marts around here a few years ago when Rosie got involved, and now there back,,, hope they stay. I know I got several there and always pick up this or that accessory while I was there , so I'm pretty sure they saw there bottom line drop when they did away with the guns for a bit.

I know I dropped several requests for the guns to return in there suggestion box, must be lots of others did too! There back!!! YES!! A wider variety of ammo now too.At least around here.

#13 ·
Just wondering- does WalMart operate under some kind of " umbrella" or national license or does each individual store require their own?
The only WalMart I am familiar with carries a limited amount of ammunition. I've asked about calibers that would fit what I would use and they look at you funny and tell you to try the Internet.
I guess I wanted to know if each WalMart chooses their own stock or are they bound by the limits of their local lisence ?

#14 ·
No clue how there FFL is set up but I assume it must be under wal-mart corp . certianly no one would sell wal-marts guns under there license,,nor could they legally do so. As for each store having one I'd doubt that too, whom would it be assigned to? Janice in sporting goods, or jimmy in the stock room???? Must be under w- mart, how could they sell them otherwise.

#16 ·
No matter what store, what state, what ever. There has to be an FFL associated with the store. Now, that could be a regional guy who is the FFL for x number of locations. That is legal. But, you can not cross state lines.

Back in the day, K-Mart used to contract with an FFL for each sub-region of say 3-5 stores that were geographically located. The FFL was "on-staff" and required to make bi-weekly visits to each store, and was paid a decent fee for ensuring that he did not go to jail. I am pretty certain that the large chains do something similar, each according to their own recipe. WalMart was a great place to go and get common stuff like 10/22's, and even some of the surplus stuff. I bought several SMLE 2A1's at the local WalMart in the mid-late '90s because they had them, and the price was $85 each. Same thing for Czech VZ-24's. They were blowing those out at $58 each. SMLE No. 4 Mk 1's for $69, I always liked those deals. Just made me feel happy all over. The last batch of Yugo Mausers I bought came from WalMart at $77 each. And they were VIRGINAL!!!! Not touched since the Yugoslavian whore who schmeared the cosmoline all over it in the '60s. Sorry, bad-old joke.

I am glad to hear that WalMart has gotten back to their senses. I will have to visit my local to see what they offer these days.

Regards,

#18 ·
no it is AMREICAS RIFLE in China-marts store-- LOL!

i think rosie tried to buy a seat on the board in an attempt to back hillary clinton.

when hillary claimed to switch sides and be pro-firearms in her 08 election hopes --rosie got dumped--

i woudlnt put the whole thing past clinton PR . i wouldn't trust that whore as far as i could through a battleship--:boxing:

ya have to wonder why it is all ways mom & pop catching hell from the BATF -- one wonders why wally-world never gets linked to guns in mexico when they sell thousands of guns every week??

if nothing else i bet firearms have walked out of wally world many a time.

i am glad wally world is selling the fun guns, but i am seriously leery of their politics and motives.

#22 ·
the ones i have seen locally were DPMS oracle --sort of the low end of the DPMS line up.

generally i am not impressed by any firearm wally-world sells as wally-world is sort of a bottom feeder in the market.

my guess is because Remington now owns DPMS and other AR-15 types a few are going to start showing up in retail stores that carry remington firearms.

and that includes some wally-marts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.