Thread: Hey AR people

Feedback Score

Default Hey AR people

Hi, new guy here to the forum, just wanted to say "Hey" to the AR crowd. I have a Daniel Defense M4 (v1), with an Aimpoint Comp M4 and bipod front grip. This is the rifle that is, for me, the most fun to shoot.

Member of the National Rifle Association (Life/Endowment); Gun Owners of America (Life); Garand Collectors Association; National Shooting Sports Foundation. CCW License Holder in MO. FFL 03 License Holder.

Check out my Gun and Gear channel on YouTube:
    VDMA VIDEOS.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

welcome to --er whatever this place is--! LOL!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

welcome there are quite a few ar folks here most are builders verse assemblers, doesn't take talent to assemble something someone else made

the rest are shooters and reloaders
    I have a aimpoint m-4 and just love it

if already not a member you should consider ar-15.com great site for ar folks

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    welcome to --er whatever this place is--! LOL!
    Thanks, bro.

Member of the National Rifle Association (Life/Endowment); Gun Owners of America (Life); Garand Collectors Association; National Shooting Sports Foundation. CCW License Holder in MO. FFL 03 License Holder.

VDMA VIDEOS.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat1 View Post
    welcome there are quite a few ar folks here most are builders verse assemblers, doesn't take talent to assemble something someone else made

the rest are shooters and reloaders
    I have a aimpoint m-4 and just love it

if already not a member you should consider ar-15.com great site for ar folks

sprat
    Thanks, appreciate it.

VDMA VIDEOS.

Feedback Score

Welcome. I started here with a AK build but I do have a M4 with a CMMG upper and a PlumCrazy lower. Topped off with a Burris P.P.E.R. and a Weaver 2 - 7 with the Ballistic X. I have to admit it is a blast to shoot.
    Brad

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

most of us built AKs back when kits were inexpensive. now that AK kits have gotten so expensive quite a few of us dabble in building or assembling the AR-15 series. with the odd ar-10 here and there.

conversions to 7.62x39, 6.8 and 6.5 are pretty common here.

there is even a 357x45 wildcat round conversion and lots of pistol cal conversions.

i think that is the deal with the AR series --if you can fit it in the well --you can shoot it--LOL

i have to admit i havent built an AR in a while though i have assembled a few more--lol

Feedback Score

Welcome again,

I'm a big AR guy myself and member of AR15.com (under the same tag). I love my AR's but learn a rediculous amount from the guys here regarding AK pattern rifles. I also personally think this site is a lot more fun though. The huge difference between the two boards is the guys here save a lot more money whereas ARFcom is good for ideas and general AR talk, but even though one of my ARs cost upwards of $3000 to get it set up the way I wanted it I still have the tendency to feel inferior over there . Have fun here and ask away I still get blown away by the wealth of information all these old timers have.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

I have the lower put together for one, but have not started the upper. I think it would be cheaper just to buy one. A guy showed me an Armalite m4 configuration the other day. I don't know that much about ARs or their values. At least it would be a matching gun. I already have a mini-14 and a Rem 700 in .223, so I am not really pressed. Welcome

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.