Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 9mm ar-15 1K down the tube

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by allesennogwat View Post
    A bottleneck cartridge, especially a high pressure one, not only has the recoil force on the bolt but also the expansion of the case neck pushing against the chamber shoulder. I did make a 357 Sig Uzi. I reamed a commercial, non-chrome lined barrel. At first I tried 41 Action Express magazines but the 9 mm Uzi magazines worked better and worked well. I used a semi auto 45 ACP Uzi bolt with a 9 mm Uzi extractor. It was a perfect fit.

that sounds like a better blowback set up for the 357 sig.

one of the problem areas for the 357 sig conversion would be the rather expensive ammo. a semi carbine would eat a bunch of it!

a 40 or 357sig would certainly have some advantages in a carbine!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    that sounds like a better blowback set up for the 357 sig.

one of the problem areas for the 357 sig conversion would be the rather expensive ammo. a semi carbine would eat a bunch of it!

a 40 or 357sig would certainly have some advantages in a carbine!
    40 S&W will work in the 9 mm Uzi magazines. There may be a custom barrel available or one would have to be made. The semi auto 45 ACP Uzi bolt fitted with the 9 mm Uzi extractor is perfect for 357 Sig and 40 S&W. For whatever reason the 41 Action Express magazines are not great choice. The Uzi 9 mm magazines are similar to the 9 mm AR15 magazines.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.