Gunco Forums banner

Scrapped AR Lower Receicer

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  wpflgun 
#1 ·
Don't know if anyone might have something in the scrap pile...

Anyone happen to have a junked lower receiver, de-milled or suitable to de-mil? I am looking for a functional magwell to use on a Franken-AK project. Can be aluminum or composite.

#2 ·
Maybe a lower end stripped blemished one could be a good option,,,,if you can't find one. New and not beat up, and strength isn't an issue in that area, just saying,,, there not that much now. And possibly could save you head aches on the build sense anything scrapped is going to be pretty ragged, possibly causing you other problems. just saying

Possibly even contact some of the manufactures and maybe they could help out too ,,,, with something that has some other issue than the mag well that will be otherwise scrapped,, never know. Possibly contact Will @ Red Jacket,, he might be a good resource too,,with all his connections. Never know unless you ask???

#4 ·
I have a cast receiver thats f*cked up its a old tannery casting, mag well is fine it was a condition #2 reject but the mag well area is ok I think. I also have another one thats never been touched still 80%
they function fine once anodized
I have a AR on one that I have used for 15 years no problem

sprat

send me a PM

#8 ·
M85 Krinkov AKA Frankenkrink - Maryland Shooters Try this guy he's on the Eastern Shore in MD
I couldn't see the pics, but it sounds like a great build. According to the link, he is using the MSA adapter. I currently have the Renegade Buck adapter on my converted Saiga .223 and it works great, I'm very happy with it.

What I want to do next is to come up with a permanently modified receiver, not a removable adapter. And I would like to use the standard AR mag release if possible. I am not sure, but I believe it MAY be possible to set back the magwell just slightly so the trunnion might not need modification. No big problem if it does, already done that on my Saiga.

Would like to use on either a Krink pistol build or an AK-74 .223 build.

#11 ·
A Remington 7615 magwell might work; it had a built-in feed ramp. A Galil AR adapter might work. MGI make a modular lower. I think the mag sits too high to use a standard AR magwell, the receiver interferes with the release; the 7615 magwell has a lowered mag release button. MSA (texasakdesigns.com) has an adapter and is promising to debut an all-in-one magwell/trigger guard assembly.

buckmeister

#13 ·
Sprat,

Got it yesterday, and it is what I am looking for. Many thanks, and I will work out something in return. Quick look at it tells me their is a way to make it work by relieving the mag opening on a receiver and getting a little creative. It will require some grinding and other work on the mag well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.