Thread: why ya got to watch SMG---

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911 why ya got to watch SMG---

ya know i just ordered a super cheap rifle length quad rail form SMG.

well i noticed on my invoice it says "NO RETURN"--

well previously the only "NO RETURN" items i have bought from SMG has been ammo.

there was nothing to indicate on their item description this item can not be returned if there is some kind of issue with it.

i have bought much stuff from SMG that was utter reject and not useable at all --which i promptly returned for refund.

you got to watch these guys --ever since they went all NASDEQ and wall street they pull some dodgy "grab your money and run" stunts.

hopefully i'll get lucky and the FF rails will be OK --but i get a bad felling nearly every time i have to deal with SMG--like their trying to screw me somehow---LOL

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

you should see sportsmans guide retail on retail ratings!

Sportsmans Guide Reviews - sportsmansguide.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

SMG has had about a 50/50 satisfaction on my orders -

-i tend to buy elsewhere less it is an impossibly good deal or everybody else is out of stock.

i have got some deals and some real turkeys from SMG so buyer beware!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I stopped doing business there years ago, they suck.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

humm i got an updated invoice overnight it shows the item shipped and it says returnable--

i may have jumped the gun here.

i am a bit gun-shy when it comes to SMG inc--LOL!

Feedback Score

+1 on them going all 'corporate-like' --- especially around firearms and even edged weapons. Ever look at those little 'restricted' icons below an axe or hatchet? Guess there's more than one State they won't ship one to. We're not talking about cane swords or throwing `hawks here! Apparently there's been a rash of bad guys hucking 3' long axes at school kids or something...
    I pretty much gave up on them when they wouldn't ship a battle rifle CLEANING KIT to Kalifornia :-(

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I've been rankled a coupla times when I ordered something and it turns out its "ships directly from manufacturer" and weeks later its still not shipped. Ended up canceling. They have no clue whether its in stock or not, and most times u can buy from the manufacturer same or lower cost.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

lately i have been buying some ammo from them --but damn what a geeky place to buy ammo--you got to be in the "club" have a discount code and a gift card to get a reasonable deal --but at least some of the ammo is in stock--LOL!

i try to avoid buying "hardware " from SMG -- i am still cutting on those free float quad rails to get it to take the mini-gas block--LOL

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

well the "guide" done it to me again-- or you could say i did it to myself trying to get a deal--

you know those three AIM free float quad rails i got two from the guide and one from amazon???

the amazon mid length one was perfect, so i ordered two rifle length ones from the "guide"--LOL ----big mistake--

one of the two had obvious cosmetic problems dings and places where the finish was not good and got the numbers on the T-rails off.

so i modified it to fit a under da hood gas block set up on a 16" m4 and it has worked out fine. lost of grinding, cutting. drilling big job just to save a few bucks--not worth it really. though it did turn out fine.

the other rifle length aim quad rail "looked " perfect out of the box --and i thought this will be wonderful for my 20" rifle--and would not need any mods for the rifle length install.

well now it is a big pain in the ass-- thought it looked perfect the damn barrel gets loose after a few rounds , so loose you can't properly even sight the damn thing in.

i got fed up with the damn thing and decided to pull it down--more problems --the damn threaded nut is aluminum and it has fucking stuck--

the barrel nut was torqued to 80ft lbs + in an attempt to get the barrel to tighten up to no avail.

after much beating and cussing i finally got it apart and bent the damn aluminum barrel nut--

the other one with the cosmetic issues has never had a problem with the barrel getting loose--

both of the guide units are rejects in one way or another --that why their a few $$ cheaper!

if i had it to do over i would just order a UTG from JSE or amazon or some where that sells 1st --no fricking seconds!!

i think i spent enough on band-aids to cover what i saved and one of these is going to the recycle man!

you got to watch the guide on this kind of stuff and these 'china" made ar parts do have a rep for being out of spec in one way or the other.

had i got an AIM FF rail from somewhere besides the guide i might have avoided all the trouble.

take my advice don't go too "cheap" on the ff/quad rail set ups--they can burn you--

Feedback Score

That's SMG for you. I ordered a $34 part from them and to return it, they wanted $10 dollars fees. Needless to say, they are on the back burners for my needs.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Yup. Ordered 4 CASES of 9mm blanks for work. They werent 9mm they were slightly too long, they were 7.62x25. Plus they neglected to mention they were VERY corrosive (as in fire a mag and before you could put a fresh one in it was rusting. Good thing they shipped only a few boxes. But damn they fought me about returning and tried to charge me a restock fee on the entire order. Which of course is stupid cause they never shipped it all. At least they corrected the ad.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.