Thread: p-mag and 5.45x39 UPDATE

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Thumbs up p-mag and 5.45x39 UPDATE

a long time back some folks were asking about the excellent P-mag for use with the 5.45x39 round.

i did try to use the 5.45x39 in the early P-mag and found they couldn't feed more than a few rounds reliably.

last year a bought a new batch of P-mags and seeing a few people on youtube claiming that the new windowed mag will feed 5.45x39 rounds stock i thought i got to try this.

out of the latest batch of P-mags the standard non windowed types 8 out of 10 will hold and feed 26-29 rounds of 5.45

the two that won't feed the rounds are OLD STOCK and still have that little ammo divider thing at the front of the mag opening.

the P-mags without this are the new versions and will feed a good number of 5.45 soviet rounds without modifications.

several of these mags have run 29 rounds of 5.45 with no hiccups so far.

they run like their made for the 5.45 at about 20-25 rounds--

so the newer makes of the p-mag do work with 5.45 with a smaller amount of ammo. as all ways YMMV!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I tried a buddies P mag with 545 this last weekend and had no luck.. but I hope to try a window's version and see if it will run.. B2B

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt2bounce View Post
    I tried a buddies P mag with 545 this last weekend and had no luck.. but I hope to try a window's version and see if it will run.. B2B

i think it depends on the mark-- very early ones won't do 5.45-- the mk2s and threes should load some 5.45s ok.

the latest ones i don't know about as i don't have any of them yet--

the middle batches should be able to work with a few 5.45s at least--

yea i was shocked when a couple of the p-mags loaded up to 25-27 rounds of 5.45

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.