Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: $120 9mm lower!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That's a bit spendy for a stripped lower... is it the "complete" lower or is it a "stripped" lower? Wouldn't be too bad for a "complete" but certainly not competitively priced. I guess in this economy that's just how it has to be! I for one would load that puppy up with .40 S&W and have a blast (pun intended)
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post
    That's a bit spendy for a stripped lower... is it the "complete" lower or is it a "stripped" lower? Wouldn't be too bad for a "complete" but certainly not competitively priced. I guess in this economy that's just how it has to be! I for one would load that puppy up with .40 S&W and have a blast (pun intended)

the CMMG 9mm lower is less expensive than a 5.56 lower and a mag block,

a decent 9mm block can run upwards of $175 --just for the mag block--

it is not fully stripped as it has the block catch ramp and other 9mm do-dads--

it is the most expensive lower i have ever bought --i think that DPMS i got back during the first rush was $120 too--

any stripped lower that ain't a blem or second is probably going to run around $100--every once in a while you'll see a DSA or AA for $60 --but those are usually a short run sale price--

i was thinking i might open up the plastic mag block and see if it will take a .45aco mag-since i woun't be needing it for 9mm duty any more---lol
    Last edited by j427x; 12-06-2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: damn typos--

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Thanks for the information. It was ordered when first posted here.
    I got an e-mail yesterday it has been shipped.

thanks again
    ron
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vietnam vet 67-68

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sgt ron View Post

thanks again
    ron

mine has been at my FFL since last week-- i need to get down there and pick it up--

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

It is most great that ones will post items here which may help others find improvements to their interest. Thanks to ALL who share and extend that which may help us all expand our knowledge!

MUSIBIKE
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

JSE looks to have sold ALL the remaining 9mm lowers out!!! ---

well i just got around to picking my 9mm lower up today from my FFL.

as far as being a blem it is tough to find where the blemish is. to me it looks like it had a few very small marks --like it has been tossed around in the shop. but nothing that penetrates the finish which is a very flat black.

the lower comes with a 9mm feed ramp, ejector and BHO installed so it has all the 9mm specific parts i'll need .

i fitted it to and upper and it fit perfectly well.

the only cavat is if you use one of these on a DI gas pistol cal build you'll have to remove the feed ramp. i don't think this would be too big of a deal cause it is just held in with a roll pin. and you would also have to remove the ejector which is held the same way.

so far it looks like a hell of a deal.

might be a while before i finish it--i better get to ordering stuff--LOL!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sgt ron View Post

thanks again
    ron
    did you get your CMMG 9mikey-mike yet?

mine assembled very well-can't even find the blem areas --hell anybody else would have sold these for "first quality"--

CMMG seems to do a good job on their lowers-- all the pins and so on fit perfectly in spite of some issues with the DPMS lower parts --but that is on DPMS--LOL

if it runs like it looks she is going to be sweet!

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Smile Hey j427x, need help turning this into a .357 sig....

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    did you get your CMMG 9mikey-mike yet?

mine assembled very well-can't even find the blem areas --hell anybody else would have sold these for "first quality"--

CMMG seems to do a good job on their lowers-- all the pins and so on fit perfectly in spite of some issues with the DPMS lower parts --but that is on DPMS--LOL

if it runs like it looks she is going to be sweet!
    Hey J427x,
    I got my blem lower last week and your right they are very nice. I am wanting to build this into a .357 sig rifle which I think would be pretty damn sweet. Feeding is never a problem for the .357 sig since it is a bottle neck case, and the power of the cartridge is very impressive. The twist rate for a the barrel would be the same as for a .45 ACP because of the overall cartridge length, I guess that would make it about a 1 in 10' twist.

The only problem is that I have never seen a source for a .357 sig AR barrel. I know that a .40 S&W bolt would work just fine, but I need a barrel to make this happen, I'm thinking a 14" barrel would be a smoking hot little number. Of course i'd have to SBR it on a form 1, but hell it might take me the 2-6 months for NFA division of BATFE to process my application just to source the parts. Do you have any leads on barrels? Also I am in dire need of a complete forward assist if you could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
    will6970

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by will6970 View Post
    Hey J427x,
    I got my blem lower last week and your right they are very nice. I am wanting to build this into a .357 sig rifle which I think would be pretty damn sweet. Feeding is never a problem for the .357 sig since it is a bottle neck case, and the power of the cartridge is very impressive. The twist rate for a the barrel would be the same as for a .45 ACP because of the overall cartridge length, I guess that would make it about a 1 in 10' twist.

The only problem is that I have never seen a source for a .357 sig AR barrel. I know that a .40 S&W bolt would work just fine, but I need a barrel to make this happen, I'm thinking a 14" barrel would be a smoking hot little number. Of course i'd have to SBR it on a form 1, but hell it might take me the 2-6 months for NFA division of BATFE to process my application just to source the parts. Do you have any leads on barrels? Also I am in dire need of a complete forward assist if you could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
    will6970

my guess is you would have to ream out a 9mm barrel to 357 sig.
    you could make a straight blow back 357sig --would be a bit more involved than a 9mm blow back.

mad-machinist does all kind of work with pistol cal ar-15 conversions a DI gas 357sig would be very easy recoiling and smooth compared to a blow back --and would require far less buffer weight than a blow back.

if you use the 9mm lower with the DI the feed ramp will need to be removed--cause it uses the barrrle extension as a feed ramp.

you will also need UZI mags -- i been playing around with the 357/40 idea myself --neither will feed from my c-prod 9mm mags.

you might take a look around this place--they do a lot of these pistol cal conversions--
    Beyond556.com - Beyond556.com

right now i am going to run standard 9mm blow back for a while--till the ammo and mag situation settles down--

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

9mm will have the same power coming out of a long gun as the .357 in a pistol. At least that is what it looked like when we tested penetration of various things out at the ranch. But, we used hotter 124gr, 9mm ammo.
    M U S I B I K E

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.