Thread: CMMG 40 round mags --

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak CMMG 40 round mags --

CDNN has some unmarked CMMG 40 round mags for $12.99

now i am a big fan of the c-products 40 rounders.

on the day ordered from CDNN the C-products 40s were OOS so i picked up a couple of these CMMG's--

the mag is a little smaller and a little shorter than the c-products
    . it looks to be well made. damn springs are like a bear trap ---a possible overkill in the spring department.

they came with the green USGI followers . they stick, hang and do every kind of BS you can think of bad in these 40 rd mags.

now i had a couple c-products followers so i slapped them into the CMMG mags--and now the cmmg's run like a clock.

now there is nothing wrong with the green USGI follower in a 20 or 30 round mag --but their iffy with these 40s.

personally i would say get the C-products 40 round mags instead of the CMMGs their only a couple dollars more than the CMMGs and come with the correct followers.

the CMMG can be a good mag --if you do a little work on the followers or just change the follower to a C-products or mag-pull then they run as good as the best 40s out there.

tried out the plastic 20rd thermoulds as well they seem OK enough but i haven't give them a serous run the followers on them are the "dip-O-matics" and the plastic lips seem a bit thin . they should be good enough for some light duty stuff.

i may change them over to green USGI 30 round followers--but the mag is non-standard size and they have to be trimmed to fit.

they might be good with the better followers--

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

What the hell is the point of ANY Thermold mags??? Does anyone even buy them? I bought one AK mag from them, and never again. I see those 100 mag and a backpack deals and wonder if anyone actually buys them.

Good to know about the C products 40 rounders vs the CMMG though.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    What the hell is the point of ANY Thermold mags??? Does anyone even buy them? I bought one AK mag from them, and never again. I see those 100 mag and a backpack deals and wonder if anyone actually buys them.

Good to know about the C products 40 rounders vs the CMMG though.

these thermoulds don't seem too bad. the got crappy followers though.

most plastic mags do SUCK for the ar-15 series. hell i don't even like the orlites.

last time i tried to use the 30 rd orlites and thermoulds (thermelts) it was bolt-override hell--LOL

i think the bulgarian 35 round mags are OK.

the tango down late mags are good, but the early batches were not so hot.

lancers are good and the P-mag is the best of all the plastics.

i have heard good things about the troy ind mag --haven't tried one yet myself.

if i had to recommend a mag i would say--

#1 P-mag 20 or 30

# 2 USGI contract , D&H or other GI contract made mag with p-mag or c-products followers. 30 round

# 3 40 round C-mags or CMMG with c-mag followers--

#4 USGI type mags green USGI follower 30 rounders

one through three will run damn nearly 100%
    #4 is like 99.95%--

a lot of guys like the lancers -- i shot a lot of the lancers way-way back when i had mini-14s --they were the only reliable hi-cap mag for them back then.

i haven't ran any lancers since i sold off the minis back in the day.

i don't use many 20s and i don't have many 20s --their nice though cause they fit in your pocket--LOL

a p-mag 20 is a better mag than the thermould but you can buy three thermoulds for one P-mag . the thermould ain't the best but it can me made to work .

i am going to cut at least one of them up and convert it into a 6 round 7.62x39 mag and if i botch the job i am only out $4--LOL

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.